AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Where will meditation take me?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Giacomo

78 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  2:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been meditating for 5 years now, but not on consequential bases. I have began to meditate again since 2 weeks

I've realised for myself that organised religion is not really my thing.

I realise that the past is only living in the mind, that the futur is unknown to man and that the only moment is now.

I reach deep inner silence, I use the shree ohm shree ohm i am i am namah namah enhanced mantra.

I feel kundalini enery from my perineum lifting upwards through my spine, right into the 'third eye'. Okay it's a nice sensation and it's peace, but so what?

I do pranayama, I meditate. I reach deep inner silence. No obstructions withing my body when the energy 'flows'. I've reached the point where kundalini arises while in deep meditation. I do samyama. I have let go of the concept of enlightenment. I have let go on so many concepts, ideas and false messages..

And now.. What?! What's next? Is this 'it'?

I wanted to give up all the yoga thing (once again), I don't know why I'm posting this question.

Yogani, is this what it is? It's not satisfying at all. Am I wrong? Or is this it?

I'm sorry for the 'tone' but am little frustrated

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  2:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Giacomo:

Where would you like to go? What are you passionate about in life? Yoga methods can help you get there with less hassle and suffering.

If your destiny is not coming to you, then you may wish to take some steps to find your destiny. Like Muhammad and the mountain, you know. Surely it is something very good.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Giacomo

78 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  7:20:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe I was 'clutterd' by populare culture, maybe so many people are cluttered. Enlightenment is a change in inner psychology.. I thaught it would be more. Today I didn't meditate, tomorrow I will again.

Thank you Yogani for your answer.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  7:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Giacomo,

I know exactly how you feel. I used to want enlightenment so much, but much has fallen away and now I just live my life day to day without looking for some spiritual end goal. And sometimes it got really frustrating, and still does at times, this nagging doubt that the practices and attention on the spiritual in life don't give me anything, or at least as much as I want.

But all in all I think it is a loooong process, I have also been in AYP practices for 5 years, and at times it seemed like nothing is happening at all, and in those times it is very frustrating. I think that having faith is an important part in this, and also not looking for specific results. Let god give you the results when it is time while you do the work. That is karma yoga, as you probably know: act and do what is good and right without expectation of results. The results will come

And not that I'm a real wise one, lol, you can see a post I made last year complaining about exactly the same thing. But for me things have calmed down from then and I understood some things (also thanks to the wonderful people here who gave inspiring words when I needed).

I hope it's OK I replied since your post seemed to be directed to Yogani.

Much goodness and luck to you, and just in my feeling, it seems to me that you are not "done" yet, it's not over, keep going
Go to Top of Page

Giacomo

78 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  7:34:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yonatan. Indeed. I recognize it's not over and I'm not a quitter. Let's continue this meditation-thing with Yogani's system, see where it gets us. When it gets me nowhere (paradox), at least I will be relaxed and calm thanks to meditation

Giacomo
Go to Top of Page

Giacomo

78 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  07:44:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to apologize to Yogani for my frustration

I have to say that meditation has taken me a long way and that I prefer the stilness over a stupid tv-session
Go to Top of Page

harsharan000

Spain
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  10:18:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When a student finishes school, he may want to study further or quit studies and do some type of job, or whatever he wishes....

In case he wants to study further, he will have to join university for higher studies...this means to put oneself in the hands of teachers of higher knowledge, isnĀ“t it?

Maybe you also need to find some genuine master who can guide you to open new horizons, yet to be explored by you ... as the saying goes, knowledge has no limits ....

Dawn though dark yet, is the previous phase to sunshine....

Best of luck, do not get despair nor frustrated. Just give time to time.

Edited by - harsharan000 on Feb 15 2014 11:03:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  11:33:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Giacomo

Maybe I was 'clutterd' by populare culture, maybe so many people are cluttered. Enlightenment is a change in inner psychology.. I thaught it would be more. Today I didn't meditate, tomorrow I will again.

Thank you Yogani for your answer.

Hi Giacomo,

While it is true that one goes through a shift in "inner psychology", that is only a type of beginning and no where near a "done".

Things like "lack of satisfaction" point to underlying issues in one's subconscious mind.

Best wishes,
Jeff

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000