Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Body
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Truth_IS

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  07:16:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Truth_IS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Ranjit Maharaj on the body:

Body is bondage. When you say "I am the body", you are in hell. When you understand that you are not the body, then you will realise that you are everywhere. This is heaven.

You were a drop when you were in the womb of the mother, and one day you will become a drop again. Everything vanishes after your body is put in the grave. So, why do you love this body? Don't love it. Love your Self, which never dies.

You take the body and say "I am this." This is the greatest ignorance.

The body dies but you are never going to die. And when the body dies, it returns to Reality. Everything is He. Besides Him, there is nothing.

Bodily affairs are not my concern. Be out of it. You must have the strong conviction that "I am not the body."

You reduce yourself to being a body and then you constantly worry for it. Why? By thinking "I am the body", you have reduced yourself to such a small creature. The body is nothing. It comes from zero and will soon return to zero.

How can it be said that the body is pure? It produces sh*t and piss. It's a dirty thing, a sh*t factory, and yet you say, "I am this." As long as the Power continues to animate it, you worship it, but the moment the Power leaves it to die, you want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Don't be the owner of a dying sh*t factory, but rather be the owner of the Eternal Reality.

If you get a boil on your leg, for example, you ask the doctor to remove it, even though this boil is still part of your body. It makes you suffer, so you are ready to part with it. In the same way, if you understand that the body is only a boil that has grown on you, you will be very happy to see it disappear. This body is an abscess on you, and you have to remove it through true understanding.

http://www.inner-quest.org/Ranjit_Meeting.htm

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000