Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 pressure on my ears during Yoni Mudra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  10:27:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Recently, a strong feeling of loneliness has brought me to focus more on my yoga practices. (and to hang around in this forum.....) Don't know if this is good, but at least I am filling my void with spiritual practices!? Though I know this is not wise, I am urging so strongly to escape from this miserable life. I want peace, and immediately, please! At least a time that is within my reach.

So I crave on everything I can do to get peace. And I started Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka today. Here are some observations/questions:

-- During kumbhaka, the air pressure makes my ears a bit uncomfortable. Is it a good idea to press my ears with my thumbs as well (as in some traditions)?

-- Some traditions taught that the elbows should be held up to both sides, at the shoulder level. But I don't see the reason besides training the muscles.(since this position is a bit more tiring) Any suggestions? Is this desirable?

-- I get the "stars" that many described. For me, it's some color and shapes that I can't really see clearly. This is obviously due to the air pressure (and a bit from the pressure on the eyes outside, and the tiny muscular contraction of the eyebrow.)

Wish you all the best in your practices.

Alvin

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Jul 30 2006 10:29:33 AM

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  11:02:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It sounds like you need a friendly reminder - to self pace.
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  12:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This and the sex + spinal breathing are the only two practice I really added. Although I also snip my frenum heavily for these few days, I'm not really doing kechari... So I don't think I am over-doing anything. Though, and if I find anything wrong with the routine, I will back off. Thanks for your reminder.

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Jul 30 2006 12:01:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  3:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alvin,

quote:
Though I know this is not wise, I am urging so strongly to escape from this miserable life. I want peace, and immediately, please! At least a time that is within my reach.

So I crave on everything I can do to get peace.

This is what made me think you are moving too quickly. "Miserable life"? You want immediate peace? I mean, who doesn't enjoy peacefulness, but it sounds like you're pulling up too many emotions at once. And sure, life can suck, but it's more bittersweet than just bitter. Try to chill out, if this is truly the way you've been feeling.

Also about kechari...if you're snipping a lot with little practice of reaching, I don't think you'll get the desired effect. I reached stage 2 without any snipping...all I did was practiced kechari at the stage I was at and kept seeing if I could go further. It only took like a month and a half.

But if it turns out that snipping a lot works for you, then good. I'm just trying to help you progress where you want to progress.

Best of luck, friend.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000