Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Role of siddhasana in celibacy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Orahmax

India
13 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2013 :  04:06:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have read many articles where it is suggested to sit in siddhasana in case aspirant want to follow the celibacy.

How does Siddhasana help in celibacy?

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2013 :  05:12:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You might wanna check this lesson:
http://www.aypsite.org/75.html

"Our purpose in yoga with regard to sex is to expand its use upward, adding something more in addition to the externally oriented reproductive function. We want to train sex to support our inner spiritual transformation."
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2013 :  12:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
siddhasana is the most effective way of preserving andmoving energy upwards. even tantraics are mostly relying on siddhasana. i mean how often can you really be having sex? if you sit in siddhasana celibacy will become ten times easier
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2013 :  7:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Ten times easier" - can anybody else confirm the truth of this statement? I am attempting to minimise ejaculation.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2014 :  5:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it is very helpful. But, funny story: When I was a young girl I had the Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda. This was back in the old days before we had the internet and AYP, we actually had to rely on books! It showed a picture of a guy sitting in siddhasana and said vaguely, "This is a good pose for celibates." But I wondered, "good" how? in what way?? Was it supposed to suppress your sexual desires, or what?? Also the instructions were for a male, and it was unclear to me exactly how this would work for a female. I pretty much forgot about it after that, and over the next 30+ years of studying yoga with SRF and other organizations and teachers, NOBODY ever told me about siddhasana! I sat in lotus or half-lotus, including during the 14 years when I was celibate. Then when I discovered AYP a couple of years ago I was amazed to finally learn the benefits and purpose of siddhasana and how to do it. Sure wish somebody would have told me sooner, it would have made my meditation/prayer life that much more wonderful...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000