Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 7 day retreat with Rupert Spira
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  1:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just finishing up a 7 day retreat with Rupert Spira. 2nd one I have been on and is incredibly awesome.

An overview of Rupert's teaching can be found here: http://non-duality.rupertspira.com/about/non-duality/

My experience

Rupert is one of the most kind, gentle and compassionate peoople I've ever met. He's non-dogmatic in his teaching style, and an intensely gifted communicator of this oft-difficult to grasp subject. The general feeling in this retreat was that people were having their own clear recognition/understanding of his teachings. A sense of love and openness pervaded the communication with everyone I interacted with.

For the past few years I've worked with a few teachings:

-Emotional Integration: The art of ceasing to believe mental stories that surround emotional energy, and ceasing to resist the emotional energy itself

-AYP: Mantra and Pranayama for inner silence, cultivating a "ripe" nervous system, and for allowing the nervous system to continue opening and releasing the residues of a separate self after one has clear recognition of their true nature

-Awareness aware that it's aware: I've mainly studied Direct Path teachings of Rupert Spira, Sri Krishna Atmananda Menon, Greg Goode and Bentinho Massaro

Rupert has been an invaluably clear guide, helping to lead me out of all personal suffering (caused by identification), and into to an unshakeable sense that I am, and have always been, standing as Awareness.

Here is an interview with him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAEwC4VjvyE

Edited by - mr_anderson on Nov 18 2013 3:00:18 PM

Bill R.

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2013 :  1:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks for the link, Mr. Anderson. I agree, Rupert is a gifted communicator. What an interesting guy to hang out with.
Go to Top of Page

SwamiX

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  4:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Mr. Anderson. I have been listening to some of his talks and interviews on youtube, and these are, I think, loaded with insight. He certainly comes across as a kind and generous teacher
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2014 :  06:44:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely SwamiX, I believe he is. I hope you guys enjoy his teaching.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000