Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Full routine better?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  8:20:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
During my evening routine I have only a half hour to work with. I was wondering if it is better to do 10min Spinal Breathing followed by 20 min meditation or do my full routine but the time cut down a lot.. which would include 5 min Spinal breathing, 3 min Chin pump, 15 min meditation, 5 min shamyama (each sutra only once), 2 min yoni mudra.

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 04 2007 12:20:23 AM

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  12:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meditation trumps all IMHO. It is the core. With whatever time you have left, you choose.

--K
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  12:20:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
if you dont have time, meditation is the first thing to choose..says ayp :)

BTW, how do u distinguish between 15 and 20 mins? do you keep some kind of alarm or u can easily keep track of time without that? For me mornings it is 20 mins but evenings it usually goes only for 15 mins but deeper than morning one. But at both times i just meditate till i feel i am done, so really not in my hands to stop at 15 or 20
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  12:20:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I say try it out. 15 minutes meditation is still quite a bit.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  12:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000