Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Finally published my first book.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  07:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Square Peg In A Round Hole by Karl Bone.

I have published it on Kindle. For those who aren't familiar with Kindle, these days you don't have to buy the device, there is a free download of the reader on the Amazon site.

The link to the Kindle reader download is to the right of the page:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F921AKI

Its 99p in English money, so cheaper than a burger.

Edited by - karl on Sep 18 2013 07:57:36 AM

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  08:13:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats. Look forward to reading it.

p.s. cool cover pic.

Edited by - jeff on Sep 18 2013 08:16:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  08:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jeff

Congrats. Look forward to reading it.

p.s. cool cover pic.

A friend of mine is a photographer. I pretty much knew what I wanted and he pretty much did exactly that. A lot of help by Body Tree editing it and proof reading was an enormous help.

Everyone on the forum get a thanks for keeping me grounded.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  09:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Karl's got a great story to tell. He has written a fine book about his path of self-discovery, and about the tools that have helped him along the way. The writing style is refreshingly honest, direct, and full of personal anecdotes that reveal real-life examples of awakening, unfolding, and never-ending enlightenment.

Proofreading and editing the manuscript was a real joy for me because I found many parallels in my own life, and that experience was an adventure in self-inquiry in itself. Much more than just words and images. Being a young seeker and relatively new to the path, I'm always looking up to "old-timers" who can share the grime and grit of having passed through the inevitable challenges of life. Karl's story certainly provided this inspiration and guidance. Though he may be older than me in Earth years, he is still young at heart and adopts the "beginner's mind"--a palpable sense of humility emanates from the story.

Thanks for letting me take part in your literary journey, Karl, and I highly recommend the book to all AYP enthusiasts and newcomers. A significant chunk of the book touches upon AYP material and experience. It's a trip! Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Alright, enough of my shameless, editorial promotion.

Love. Unity. Abundance.
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  10:02:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hooray!! Downloaded it this morning!!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  10:07:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by whippoorwill

Hooray!! Downloaded it this morning!!

Thank you whippoorwill. Its been a long time coming that's for certain.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  10:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Karl's got a great story to tell. He has written a fine book about his path of self-discovery, and about the tools that have helped him along the way. The writing style is refreshingly honest, direct, and full of personal anecdotes that reveal real-life examples of awakening, unfolding, and never-ending enlightenment.

Proofreading and editing the manuscript was a real joy for me because I found many parallels in my own life, and that experience was an adventure in self-inquiry in itself. Much more than just words and images. Being a young seeker and relatively new to the path, I'm always looking up to "old-timers" who can share the grime and grit of having passed through the inevitable challenges of life. Karl's story certainly provided this inspiration and guidance. Though he may be older than me in Earth years, he is still young at heart and adopts the "beginner's mind"--a palpable sense of humility emanates from the story.

Thanks for letting me take part in your literary journey, Karl, and I highly recommend the book to all AYP enthusiasts and newcomers. A significant chunk of the book touches upon AYP material and experience. It's a trip! Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Alright, enough of my shameless, editorial promotion.

Love. Unity. Abundance.

Now that's enthusiastic thank you Bohdi and thank you again for your tireless dedication, support and help.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  10:10:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
congratulations Karl! I will be dl'ing later today.

Best,

Josh
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  10:32:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mr_anderson

congratulations Karl! I will be dl'ing later today.

Best,

Josh

Thanks Josh.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  10:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yay!! Congrats Karl!! Looking forward to reading it.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  1:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and we have a writer in ayp congratulations Karl
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  1:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl:

Thank you for sharing your journey in book form. It really speaks to the changes that technology and the internet have brought; a new paradigm where anyone who has the desire and a willingness to do what it takes can find practical knowledge and move forward into a much freer life, without necessarily having to travel the globe, or yield to hierarchical structures. The knowledge and experience can blossom within us wherever we happen to be.

And anyone can easily publish and share their journey with many others, as you have done, helping make knowledge and every person's chosen path that much more accessible. Bravo!

I encourage everyone who is inclined to share their journey to do so in their own way. We are revealing a side of human potential and experience that has, before now, been much less visible to the general population. It is in all of us, and it is coming out.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

rce

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  1:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit rce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just downloaded it, and I am looking forward to reading it.
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  9:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know how I am going to spend this weekend -- if I can wait that long -- I have downloaded it and have to say that it looks fascinating! Publishing is an awesome thing to do -- CONGRATULATIONS
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  10:10:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome, Karl!!

I just bought it, will read
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  04:01:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to buy and read my book. Please review it on Kindle and give honest feedback as it will help me with my next one.
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  1:14:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, Karl! Really enjoyed your book!
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  2:35:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoyed it too, Karl. It kept my interest page after page. I appreciated your honesty, telling it as you see it, revealing some areas of vulnerability and struggle.

I have a question for you. You wrote of an experience back in college where you were getting the right answers on math related tests somehow without knowing how to do the math. Correct? Is that what happened? Is it an utter mystery to you how it happened? Have you speculated? Have you considered the possibility that you subconsciously read the teacher's answers telepathically? I ask because I suspect that is partly how I did well in college.

Bewell

Edited by - bewell on Sep 22 2013 5:58:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  1:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It was in circuit theory. I always used to struggle calculating circuit values in complex networks but when I understood the basics behind the calculations I was able to visualise each branch without using any complex theory.

It really confused the tutor who could quite grasp how I was able to sum the circuit values. To me it just seemed clear and obvious. I could see where each branch was and rapidly calculate the values. It seemed stranger to me that others were forced into following a long winded process to reach the answer.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  1:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can I ask a big favour and those of you who have read the book add a rating and comment to the kindle site. Please be honest in your assessment. Thank you again.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  1:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Done.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  02:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Done.

Excellent thank you Cody
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  09:39:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's my review, now published on Amazon

I read this book sentence for sentence, beginning to end with full attention. I know Karl through the Advanced Yoga Practices support forum. In his book, an honesty and a vulnerability comes though that is very attractive.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  2:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bewell, that's exactly how I wanted it to come over. Its great to see that is how it was perceived.
Go to Top of Page

KellyN

75 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  10:17:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations Karl!!! I just added it to my wish list for later download. My ipad does not support electronic downloads but my Mac does ;)
Congrats again!!!
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2013 :  07:09:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Kelly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000