Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Hi, I’m interested in learning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zooey Steele

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  02:32:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I’m interested in learning about Kundalini yoga and to begin practicing it, but I am not sure where to start. I have heard a lot about Guru Rattana and it would be nice to have some reading materials or videos she’s created… Does anyone have any suggestions where I can learn more about this type of yoga and possibly where I can view lessons from Guru Rattana?

Edited by - AYPforum on Sep 14 2013 12:23:03 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  12:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  12:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Zooey,

I see from a Google search that there are many resources available for learning yoga from Guru Rattana. She teaches Kundalini Yoga in the tradition of Yogi Bhajan.

It so happens that I learned that type of yoga through a friend who used Kundalini Yoga videos to guide her asana practice, and from another friend who went to a month-long Kundalini Yoga teacher training.

Yoga teaching tends to separate off into what I will call "camps," and AYP, taught here on this forum, is not in the Yogi Bhajan camp, so people here tend not to know much about it unless, like me, they have learned from another source outside AYP circles. AYP does have a teaching on kundlalini energy, but then so do many other hatha yoga influenced camps.

In answer to your question, the best I can suggest is that you do a web search and choose for yourself from the many resources available on the teachings of Guru Rattana. Also, there may be a Yogi Bhajan type Kundalini Yoga class in your area.

Enjoy the journey

Edited by - bewell on Sep 14 2013 12:35:31 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000