Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Energy stuck in head & stomach
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yuksaka

Japan
10 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  01:38:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

This is my first time posting here. I have started practicing AYP about two months ago. Before that, I practiced vipassana meditation for about 2 years. I would like to get advice from anyone who has similar experiences I describe below.

I got into spirituality as the result of having extraorindary clarity in series of lucid dreams. This clarity has since been lost. I believe that the loss of clarity is due to several reasons, big life-style changes having to do with giving up my academic career, relocation to a different country, adapting to a stressful, urban and less-creative life-style.

I would like to think of this change as a necessary course of purification that I am meant to go through and to take this in a positive light, a lesson in letting go.

However, I still reminisce about the good-old times when I had high mental clarity and spiritual creativity.

These days, about once per weak, I have a kundalini episode where I feel the energy being stuck either in my head-ear area and my stomach region. My dreams seems to reflect this dipole separation of energy into head and gut...I often dream of someone being beheaded. I also dream of food a lot. I have had this kind of blockage and recurring themes in dreams for about 2 years.

My question is, has anyone in their journey experienced this dipole separation of energy in the head and the gut? How lond did it take for the blockages to dissolve? What kind of activities, life-style, practices do you recommend to help these blockages dissolve?

Currently I do 10 mins pranayama, 20 mins meditation and samyama in the morning and 5 mins pranayama, 15 mins meditation in the evening.

I want to say, however, that practicing AYP has helped me with these issues if not for the physical symptoms yet but psychologically. I have recently realized that perhaps my attitude toward meditation has been escapism and it may have enforced my blockages not to resolve it. The importance of cultvation of inner-silence and its expression in the outer-life as set forth in AYP has me reconsider my attitude in this, and I think it's having a positive effect.

In any case, I would appreciate any comments or recommendation. Thank you.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  08:45:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forums!

Do you practice self inquiry?
Also maybe make an intention to see what these blocks are and let it go (like samyama) before falling asleep (If it flows to).
On the physical side, try acupuncture or massage or reiki. It helps loosen blocks.
Take a look at these lessons
http://www.aypsite.org/276.html
http://www.aypsite.org/104.html
Hope some of this helps.
Wish you all the best.
Much love!
Go to Top of Page

yuksaka

Japan
10 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  7:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shanti for your kind reply.

I tried to practice Self-inquiry for sometimes in the past, but was not very successful with it. I think I went about it in too much of an intellectual and effortful way. Now I am practicing a little bit of samyama, and slowly learning what it means to let go, eventually I would like to take up Self-inquiry again.

I did not know that you can use samyama in the way you describe... very interesting ... Actually, interesting thing happened after posting this question yesterday. Last night I had a lucid dream where there were three sets of light lighting up the sky, then the next moment I felt bright auric light coming up from my heart area ... a pleaseant kind of dream that I haven't had for while...then again, I also had other dreams which were somewhat violent ... In any case, I will try releasing the question about the blockage before sleep.

I will consider acupuncture, massage or reiki if other measures do not work. At this point, I am trying walking and some asanas. I'm also experimenting with amaroli, nasal wash and other cleansing measures described in AYP. Also, I have been meditating before sleep..and this may have caused some unpleasantness during sleep ... Though somewhat unconvenient, I am thinking of moving the evening meditation to a rest period at my work in the afternoon or on the train coming home.

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  8:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, at times writing a post is like samyama, your experience sounds beautiful.

Yes, too close to bed time is not a good idea as it can disrupt sleep. Even if you cannot do the full session, doing a shorter session earlier in the evening than closer to bed time is a very good idea.

Let us know how that goes.

Thanks for posting and sharing.
Much love!
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  5:09:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yuksaka

I have energy stuck in the head and stomach/heart area. One thing which really helped me was yoga. Especially Surya Namaskar. i usually do 10-15 of rounds at one time and it definitely helps. Sometimes it totally clears with sweat and feels great. only thing is it keeps on coming back. I will suggest give it try.

All the best

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

yuksaka

Japan
10 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  7:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shanti and pkj

I have been self-pacing, not doing practice before sleep. Also, amaroli seems to be helping quite a bit with stabilizing the energy. Being a bit too optimistic, I tried out siddhasana, only to end up with headache and nausea..so I backed off from that.

Pkj, interesting that you suggest Surya Namaskar. I actually didn't know this term until I saw your post and typed it in Google (I don't know much about Hatha Yoga). It turns out, though, that I saw a demonstration of it on Youtube 2 days ago and was already trying out parts of it in my routine. Power of samyama perhaps? I'll surely learn all of its movements and incorporate it my routine. Thank you for suggestion.

I do sense that this imbalance is due to neglecting the "groudning" aspects of practice like exercise and socializing..they are my weak spots.

Though energy blockage is still there, there has been few positive changes in my life since I have taken up AYP and especially samyama. I feel that I have some direction to move forward. I'm thankful for this practice and all the help that I can get from this great forum.

Best,
Yuksaka
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  2:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yuksaka

You mentioned amaroli helps in enregy balance in the stomach. Could you pls explaing the process how many times a day you do it. As in my case sometimes energy is stuck in the upper stomach and chest area as well. Does it help in that case also. Thanks

PKJ.
Go to Top of Page

yuksaka

Japan
10 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  7:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pkj

I've been doing amaroli for about 3 weeks, once a day, with the first urine in the morning. I take it undiluted, about 1/4 of a glass.

Actually, I often wake up at a middle of the night to go to the bathroom (around 2 or 3 am) probably due to drinking too much water before I go to bed. In that case, I take amaroli then, go to sleep again until morning.

Drinking water before bed dilutes my urine content so that it's easier to drink...otherwise, salt content is a bit too strong. Of course, I could take it diluted in the morning..but I prefer taking it in the pure form. I'm experimenting with the amount of water so that I don't have to wake up at middle of the night.

I have to say that the energy blockage is still very much there...but since I started amaroli, I seem to have more overall physical and emotional robustness that can buffer these local obstructions and temporary emotions. I think this effect is also talked about in AYP lesson 319.

Of course, as talked about in the lessons, I take it that such positive effect is coming from the integral practice with the meditation and pranayama being the centerfold though.

I do like the idea of amaroli, being it a kind of a recreation of the state we were in when we were in mother's womb...immersed in the protective circulation of the motherly liquid.

Best,
Yuksaka
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  10:25:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yuksaka

Thanks for the detailed answer on Amaroli. I tried it two times not the first urine but i tried during the day few spoons and mixed with water. It was very good experience. Reason i am going slow on this is not to overdo the practice as i have done previously with other practices. but as i said it was very nice experience even with that little quantity. Also it did help my cold symptoms but more importantly it helped to move the energy from chest and stomach area. One thing i noted for the sensitive meditators it is always to start slowly and then build on that.

One question i have for you is do you eat any special diet because of Amaroli or just the regular diet. I am usually taking Pitta pacifying diet due to the Kundilini episodes and the heat generated in the body.

one suggestion for headache is just pay mindful attention and it will go away slowly. i agree with you regarding the blockage of energy because of knots in the system. i am in the same boat and it is like i knew it but it is but could not get rid off.

Hopefully during samyama practice we can get rid off. But so far i am not successful in getting rid of the blockages. Those blockage are the reason for the energy being stuck in the chest and gut area.

For now i do the surynamaskar asanas then i do the short 15minute meditation followed by Samyama. Now I cann't do much meditation in the evening as it overloads me so mostly i do the Samyama in the evening. One more thing i tried doing meditation before sleep it overloads as suggested by Shanti. i think all the suggestions by Shanti are great as well.

Cheers

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

yuksaka

Japan
10 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2013 :  01:49:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pkj

I did not change my diet because of amaroli. I do eat meat, though I favor vegetarian meal couple of times a week. So far I seem to manage without overloading due to amaroli.

I think I am high-vata (with some kapha tendency) and in the past I tried restrictive diet with bad consequences, so I do not restrict my diet too much.

Your suggestion about headache sounds good. Shanti's suggestion about not meditating before bed has been helping quite a bit.

For now, I'm glad that the symptoms has been managed to the extent that I can function relatively well in life..in time, as things stabilize, I would like to take up more practices as my system allow.

Best,
Yuksaka

Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2013 :  3:56:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yuksaka

That is great. thanks for the update. I am also doing Amaroli though on a small scale not to overload it. I usually mixes up with water as that is more comfrotable for me. One more thing any idea about hydration apart from water. Since sometimes there is heavyness in head so i need to drink lot of water to get it hydrated. Any other drink you are taking to get it hydrated.

Thanks And Cheers

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

yuksaka

Japan
10 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2013 :  11:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pkj,

Good luck with the Amaroli!

I have the habit of taking puer Tea in the morning to help with the slow digestion, but other than that it's same here...drinking lots of water to calmn down the heat and kundalini symptoms during the day.

(Edited: oh also fruit juices like grape and orange juice seems to help sooth the symptoms temporarily)
Best,
Yuksaka

Edited by - yuksaka on Oct 01 2013 01:07:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  1:43:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yuksaka

Thanks for the reply. I think i am drinking water a lot that helps lot. Also I am eating fruits that helps as well. One more thing i started doing is to drink Coconut water that is great for hydration.

Intersting thing happened yesterday in the late evening i did my Yoga and meditation it was really deep but it was not a great sleep after that. Morning i got headache and energy in the stomach/chest area. now onward i will skip the evening meditation as it causes kundalini symptoms eventhough it feels really good while doing it. Real effect of the meditation is felt usually later on.
looks like evening meditation does not suit me as did not feel like eating after that either and so i will do the yoga and Samyama in the evening.

Go to Top of Page

yuksaka

Japan
10 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2013 :  8:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

The energy separation in head and stomache continues to persist. So does some nightmares often in the theme of beheading, bugs crawling in my head/stomache etc. Often at midnight or during the rest period after meditation, I get the energy surge concentrated either in the head (accompanied by loud tinnitus) or stomach. Yesterday, the energy in the head also wanted to go to the crown.

Also, there is very little activity in between the two poles. When I do spinal breathing, I can trace the sensation at the root and especially clearly from the back of my neck to the brow, but it is nearly absent in between those places.

My current practice is to do sun salutation, spinal breathing with siddhasana, shambavi and mulabhanda for 10 mins, deep mediation for 20 mins, samyama and a rest period lying down, at least one session per day.

I'm wondering if I should leave the head/stomach blockage under the hood as advised in the lessons and keep to the above practice or if I can take on something else specifically to deal with this dipole imbalance.

I am thinking of solar centering...however, this enhancement occurs later in the lessons and so I am not sure if it is advised to take it on at this stage.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Yuksaka

Edited by - yuksaka on Oct 06 2013 8:29:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  11:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yuksaka

I will suggest to reduce the practices even more untill you find the balance. I usually do the Sura Namaskar in the evening with Samyama only as the evening meditation gives me lot of overloading as well. Also try doing cobra postura long in the sun saluation as it will help in bringing the energy down that is what helps me a lot. Another thing i find is changing the diet helps lot. Usually with Kundilini fire it is Pitta which is unbalanced so eating more pacifying Pita helps as well.

All the best

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

yuksaka

Japan
10 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  7:04:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pkj, Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, I guess I have taken on too many in too short a time. I took out siddhasana from this morning. I like cobra posture. I do it to loosen my spine when I get home from work. Besides the morning routine, I try to do short SPB and DM on the train as I go home..but I may cut these out seeing that it may also contribute to overloading.

(Edit: cut out question regarding sleep. I found many answers in the past thread)

Best,
Yuksaka

Edited by - yuksaka on Oct 09 2013 8:04:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  10:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Yuksaka

One very important thing to do when Kundilini is active to surrender and let it go and when u do it it will be very blissful feeling. Key over here is surrender surrender(easier said than done). Just let it go see the miracle happens. Process itself will take care f itself. Just keep awareness and slip into silence as you are doing the action that is very nice feeling.

All the best

Cheers

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

yuksaka

Japan
10 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  8:30:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pkj,

Thanks for your advice. No there with much bliss yet... so many obstructions accumulated over the recent years. However, with this little silence I gained from practicing AYP I think I can have trust with this system. There are bits of letting go here and there that's adding to positive outcomes in life...encouraging sign that keeps me with the practice.

Best,
Yuksaka
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000