New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 43

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  09:24:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate the tendency of you people to reach out and help others. But I do have doubts about the group samyama technique for healing. I do believe in the connectedness of all minds at a deeper level and that one's thoughts can reach out to others. But how do you direct your thought? You people are all 'cyber friends' and I don't think you even know each other's face let alone knowing personally. Cyber personality is an illusion and is completely different from the real personality. Without knowing the person at all how can you make your thoughts reach them? If you people were to group meditate for me, the goodness of your efforts are more likely to reach Russelle Crowe and not me (I'm ofcourse referring to Maximus character in Gladiator movie).
Are you people with me?
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  09:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maximus,

Whether we believe it or not we are all one. The intent to heal is all that is needed.

A
Go to Top of Page

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  11:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Intent to heal 'whom'?
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  7:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Maximus

I appreciate the tendency of you people to reach out and help others. But I do have doubts about the group samyama technique for healing. I do believe in the connectedness of all minds at a deeper level and that one's thoughts can reach out to others. But how do you direct your thought? You people are all 'cyber friends' and I don't think you even know each other's face let alone knowing personally. Cyber personality is an illusion and is completely different from the real personality.

HI maximus I totally disagree with you on this, this forum has been running a long time some of us have been on hare well over two years and by the way some people have met up. keeping false cyber personalities up that long and still relating to each other deeply the way we do would not have been possible I think you should go back all the way to the beginning and read a lot of the posts. You may change your mind.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  02:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Then it makes sense.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  12:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maximus - I understand your point, and am glad that you make it, b'c now I feel better about stating mine. Mind you, it doesn't keep me up at night, but it crops up here and there, usually on Sun. mornings, and it is that we who have been with AYP for a while all "know" each other (or so we think), and are pretty nice folks (or so we think), and we might hesitate to report back after a samyama healing session that, for instance, "I felt nothing, neither twinge nor jab, and am sicker than ever." And so on. Too much politeness, in other words. So what I would like to see is someone who either has no emotional connection to AYP, or else who despises the whole lot of us, come forward and volunteer for a healing, with the promise that he or she will report back with complete honesty the results of their experience. Any volunteers? :) And then of course the next question is, Does it matter if there are no immediate results? Isn't optimism itself a virtue, if not a healing agent?
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2006 :  1:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Meg,
I agree we are a polite lot here... but I think I've come across sufficient candidness. I, for instance, cannot think of hesitating even a little before bluntly saying exactly what I felt. I have no reason to, you get me... I don't have to hate anyone here for that. On the contrary, meeting the way we do, cyberly, keeps the objectivity more or less intact. I assure you, I will say it as it is when I am on the receiving end of the samyama effort. and, I believe, so will you.
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2006 :  5:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting conversation here.

My thoughts on the matter are these:

When we are in Samyama, presumably for most of us, we have already been meditating for a while - for most maybe 20 mins let's say.

At that time many of us are connected with our 'true Self' state.

My understanding is that all of our 'true Selves' are one and the same - the Divine Self.

So consequently, as that Divine Self is this vast river of intelligence and pulsating love that knows all and is all - I think the Divine Self can figure out where and to whom the energy is to go.

Just some feedback, which I wasn't going to give yet but I feel would be helpful here, for years I have had a challenging time with spinal breathing. My energy would often jump ship and go down the front of my body instead of my spine.... I could feel blockages - 2 major ones along my spine. I started spinal breathing back in 1996? somewhere around there.... anyway, since I had my healing last week - my spinal breathing is smooth - I can feel all of my spinal cord and can see parts of the inside of my spine as well.

I thought .... well maybe it was some karma I burnt off doing all the work I did with teens over the last month.... but I would have to say I feel it's the healing. That Saturday before the healing I couldn't do my whole spine....that Sunday night I could.

I wanted to wait to tell you because I was afraid it might be a phase... but it's been a week now... and it's just getting stronger.

Thanks to you all:-)and you know who you are?:-)

Babaly xx
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  04:16:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great news Babaly

I think regardless of "how it works" it would probably be a good idea to introduce a more scientific format for recording the findings of the samyama healings/blessings/prayers.

For instance we don't know how many are participating each Sunday and who they are,
and as has been stated above, we are not getting proper feedback from everyone.

If anyone has any ideas on how to do this in a manageable way, it would be helpful.

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  06:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all

When you lay yourself down to heal or to be healed - in full trust and relaxation - you cease to identify with who you think you are - and instead you are silent...space.....emptiness. AWAREness. THIS. Open to be touched by this. All the effort of the "doer" dissolves into this. Becoming whole is simply to not identify with the "me" anymore. Of course I never am "me" in the first place - i only think i am. That thought is "two". But it is forever an illusion.

So - it matters not one blip what names we use. It is not "me" that heals anything. It is not "me" that is healed. It is not a doing. What resonates through the words we write here is THIS. Silence. The fullness of space. This is the connection. This is healing. This whole forum is healing - once you see it. Everything anywhere - inside/outside - is healing. Once seen. The effect of the healing depends only on this. So....the deeper inside yourself you come (whether "you" are healing anyone or "you" are being healed) the greater the freshness (health) when "you" surface again.

Sunday healings that takes place are this....and this.....and this again. No more. No less. This is awsome. And we are that.

If we could cease to identify with what appears in space; and simply let it appear (enjoy the apprearance) - but identify with the space (reckognize space as what we are) - then we are always aware of what we really are. Whole. One. Forever healing. Alive and awake.

So...
Life - because it is pure intelligence - will keep the sunday healings going because they are healing. If not they would stop. Just remember that all the rest is just a story we tell about it.

Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  07:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Louis,
What you say makes sense. If everyone were to log in saying 'I participated', it would be too scattered and spread out. Maybe all the ones who did the healing and the one who got healed can all send a mail with their report to one person, and that person puts it all in as one entry that goes in together as: Sunday, 12th xyz, 2006. Participated: a, b, c,
Healed: x
Feedback - Participants:
Feedback - Healed:

It would rather take the spirit out of what Katrine is talking about... but well, it would be a neat record for everyone to refer to.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  09:12:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sadhak

quote:
It would rather take the spirit out of what Katrine is talking about...

Not at all, Sadhak - don't worry about that. Emptiness/Silence/Space is already empty ,
and spirit cannot be "moved" by us/me/you.

quote:
but well, it would be a neat record for everyone to refer to

Since I don't do Samyama (I have had to cut down on my practises because of constant ecstacy) - I don't have an opinion on how you arrange this.

But I have joined in meditation every Sunday. I enjoy this

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  9:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Babaly

Interesting conversation here.

My thoughts on the matter are these:

When we are in Samyama, presumably for most of us, we have already been meditating for a while - for most maybe 20 mins let's say.

At that time many of us are connected with our 'true Self' state.

My understanding is that all of our 'true Selves' are one and the same - the Divine Self.

So consequently, as that Divine Self is this vast river of intelligence and pulsating love that knows all and is all - I think the Divine Self can figure out where and to whom the energy is to go.

Just some feedback, which I wasn't going to give yet but I feel would be helpful here, for years I have had a challenging time with spinal breathing. My energy would often jump ship and go down the front of my body instead of my spine.... I could feel blockages - 2 major ones along my spine. I started spinal breathing back in 1996? somewhere around there.... anyway, since I had my healing last week - my spinal breathing is smooth - I can feel all of my spinal cord and can see parts of the inside of my spine as well.

I thought .... well maybe it was some karma I burnt off doing all the work I did with teens over the last month.... but I would have to say I feel it's the healing. That Saturday before the healing I couldn't do my whole spine....that Sunday night I could.

I wanted to wait to tell you because I was afraid it might be a phase... but it's been a week now... and it's just getting stronger.

Thanks to you all:-)and you know who you are?:-)

Babaly xx

Thanks Babaly for sharing this.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  03:01:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the feedback Sadhak and Katrine

I agree with everything that both of you said

quote:
Katrine said: Life - because it is pure intelligence - will keep the sunday healings going because they are healing. If not they would stop. Just remember that all the rest is just a story we tell about it.
If someone feels moved to manifest the pure intelligence in the direction of what Sadhak suggests then feel free to volunteer, if not, its no big deal
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  9:17:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can do it Louis. However, not sure if everyone will be comfortable talking about this.

Hey, if you guys send me info.. I will put it together and post it..
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  10:42:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shweta,
You're good !!!
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  06:50:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thats good for me Shweta

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  4:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shweta, your a star.

Will be gone for a week but will join in the Sunday meditations

Cheeers
Louis
Go to Top of Page

elldibor

20 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  05:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit elldibor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All

i am the next one in the list for Samyama Healing.

I will not do the samyama practice and will just be open,
willing to receive the healing.

Any other suggestions?

Elldibor
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2006 :  10:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by elldibor

Hi All

i am the next one in the list for Samyama Healing.

I will not do the samyama practice and will just be open,
willing to receive the healing.

Elldibor

Sounds good Elldibor...
See you tomorrow...

Edited by - Shanti on Aug 19 2006 10:12:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2006 :  09:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta,
Was just checking the list... what are the asterixes for?

Elldibor it is today. Last time I sat down without being able to check the list, and just 'did' with the intent towards the one that was on the list, which I discover, was David. I suppose that would work too.

Just to remind everyone, we are supposed to mail to Shweta about our participation if we have sent the 'intent', and feedback if any, during Samayama, and Elldibor will mail to Shweta about feedback of the session, all of which Shweta will collate and post here.

Thanks again Shweta

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2006 :  10:33:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sadhak

Hi Shweta,
Was just checking the list... what are the asterixes for?

They are the ones that are done.. Sarah and Richard were done before the list was started.. so I put the asterix.. and then when I re-did the list.. Andrew and Babaly were done.. so I continued with the asterix.....
It also means they are really special..

Edited by - Shanti on Aug 20 2006 10:39:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  8:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti reminded me that I am next, and I didn't realize I am on the list. But I am OK with it, and welcome it. I have to admit I am skeptical and feel my problems are small compared to others, but will be open to the energy, as I feel such things are possible. Thank you all in advance. . .
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  12:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had missed the last two group meditations while I was away travelling and had forgotten how enjoyable they are. Thank you to everyone.

Anthem11
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  7:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
With Ether's permission.. I am posting his experienece of the Shamyama healing...

"Looks like people are emailing impressions to you?
I really didn't notice much, but a couple things which
I don't know are related.

An hour or so before, my head was full of an unusual number
of voices, like I was in the middle of a crowd. I tuned them out,
as I often do when this often happens live, at work.

Then at the end of meditation, I felt a strange tingling on
top of my head for a while.
Don't know what that means, but thanks to everyone.

I'm adding this a few days later; I made a major step forward on a mental problem I've been pretty much immobilized on for years.

Etherfish
"

Edited by - Etherfish on Aug 31 2006 11:27:36 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 43 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000