AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Sainthood
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  12:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Sainthood is not luck, it is a choice.
Saint Charbel

I was rather confused between the words holiness and sainthood while translating. Saint Charbel was proclaimed saint after he left the body.

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  01:02:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Did Saint Charbel elaborate on what one who makes this choice chooses?

This movie gives clues.. I'd love to hear his own words as it seems you may have a reference of his writing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5XFAaNh9ys
"This is a movie about the Lebanese Saint Sharbel covering a very tiny part of his life. He is known as the "Saint drunk in God" in reference to his deep faith, humbleness, humility."

Thank you

Omsat

quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

Sainthood is not luck, it is a choice.
Saint Charbel

I was rather confused between the words holiness and sainthood while translating. Saint Charbel was proclaimed saint after he left the body.

Edited by - Omsat on Sep 04 2013 03:04:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  03:37:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Omsat,

It differs from person to person I guess... Each case is personal... I don't know if saint Charbel has said any exact words on the topic... I've been at this point before while at amma's ashram... I asked her where is my place in life... Should I become a monk or continue living a normal life... She told me that my place is: A foot in the spiritual life and another in the material one.

When I read this sentence a couple of weeks back... I was at a mountainous area and the writing was carved between two trees at an area far from where Saint Charbel's abode... The writing had such a strong impact on me when I read it... I've cried because of it and at one point a few days back... I asked God and His saints: If you want me to become a monk then show me... The second day a friend whom I rarely speak with but who is a devoted christian... Came to me and we started speak on various spiritual subjects and mainly it was about becoming a monk or not... He gave me a lot of detailed and beautiful talk on both cases but was insisting on living a secular life while being spiritual at the same time... The message to me was clear and it was the same as the one Ammachi gave me.

You have to ask God directly I guess

I wish you all the best on your path.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  04:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Ananda,

Thank you for sharing this touching story behind the quote

Thanks for your wishes also

I wish you the same..

PS: I read the post with the translation of Yacin's autobiography that you posted today; what an uplifting sharing of experiences; feel privileged to read his story.. Thank you for sharing this with us.. You mention there that Yacin is your brother; did you mean biological brother?

Edited by - Omsat on Sep 04 2013 05:26:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  06:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, not my biological brother... Yacin is a great soul... You can contact him on facebook if you wish... He understands english... But please read this also:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=13199

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  08:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by - Omsat on Sep 04 2013 08:22:53 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000