Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Staying awake in class
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  4:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone,
I would like your advice about things that I can do to stay awake in class. For instance, I read a recent study about an experiment with using acupressure to be more alert in the clasroom, things like that. Thank you. -Hunter

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  4:52:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hunter,
Try EFT which is acupressure based.www.emofree.com for free manual download
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  11:50:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Dave.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2006 :  8:51:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know a few basic things that have worked well for me:

Sit up straight without using the back rest.
Flex your muscles until you don't feel tired.
If you feel the need to yawn, do it with your mouth closed.
If your eyes start shutting, make sure they don't shut by focusing them on something.
If you can't seem to shake it, stand up in the back.

Also, get more rest at nights. It's not a good sign if you can't stay awake in class, no matter how boring the subject matter is.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2006 :  10:31:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott,
You are most surely right about getting enough rest at night. That solution was right in front of me and I didn't even think of that. I usually sleep about 6 to 7 hours a night, I guess I am finding out that it is not enough. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  11:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
First, breath appropriately. Too slow and you are rock a buying, to fast and you will pass out. Breath deep and with a steady up beat pace. Do yoga right there is class.

Second, the moment you feel your eyes beginning to close, remember that you and this universe are a total mystery. WTF are you doing in class? Isn't that strange? Life is stranger than fiction, and we remember this, we wake up.

What are you studying?
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  12:16:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kyman,
The summer quarter has ended and thankfully the classes are completed. I was taking two courses: U.S. History(19th century) and Public Speaking. I am majoring in political science with a focus/interest in International Relations.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  6:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is off topic, but that's an interesting field of study, Hunter! If you don't mind me asking, what would you like to do with it?
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  11:09:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,
I am not sure at all what I will do with the major. Sorry I don't have a more clear (or even exciting!) answer.
My only other thoughts are that I want to be able to make enough money to support whoever I am responsible for such as a family, elders, anyone, and everyone (while simultaneously staying in California, it's getting expensive here).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000