Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Focus During Meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Maatsuah

USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  2:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Maatsuah's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone

I am new to the forum and would like to say how happy I am to be in the company of people who have experience in meditation and kundalini (estactic conductivity). Thank you for putting this site together Yogani.

I have been meditating on "I am" for three weeks now. I have meditated for a while before starting here. Almost everytime I sit in meditation, I see a starlike figure at the third eye level, which sometimes, turns into a red circle and then back into a star and sometimes it looks as if it is in a tunnel. I find that when I look directly at this star while meditating I seem to be able to focus better. When I don't see this figure, I look straight ahead but do not feel quite as focused. I have even begun to feel a slight pleasant buzzing pressure at this point as the days go by. This helps me to focus even more. I see this star everday at some point in the meditation.

I believe, Yogani said that this is the opening of the Sushumna Nadi. I know that Yogani has consistently stated that it is better not to become attached to any visual, auditory, or other phenomenon while meditating, however, since I see this everyday and it seems to help me focus, would it hinder my meditation to allow my mind to focus on this starlike circle whenever it appears during meditation?

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  3:40:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you are having good experiences already.
As for the Star see this lesson,

http://www.aypsite.org/92.html

Just stay with it for a bit and then go back to the mantra, experiences aren't everything A good start eh!!!

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Maatsuah

USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  4:28:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Maatsuah's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply. It is very helpful. There is a lot of great information on this site, but I will have to really focus on reading the lessons carefully before I understand all the nuances of a refined meditation and spirutual practice. That is what I like about this forum. There are lots of people here who have done more reading and practice.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  4:40:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again
Have a look on the main site and think about getting Yogani's little book "DEEP MEDITATION" it is an absolute must for beginners and its very inexpensive.

Welcome again and ask away there are a lot of people on this site who are only too happy to help if they can.

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  5:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Maatsuah
Richard has give the perfect answers. In addition to lesson#92, there is lesson#179, that gives a little more on the star http://www.aypsite.org/179.html
Also as Yogani puts it...
quote:
Experiences are the "scenery" we notice on the way to enlightenment. We are certainly entitled to enjoy the visions that come. At the same time, it is important to recognize that experiences are a product of the purification occurring in our nervous system due to daily practices. As with any journey, we can enjoy the view along the way. But to reach our destination, obviously, we must keep on traveling. That means gently favoring the practices we are doing over experiences that may come up during our routine. After our practices,
during the day, if we have visions, we can enjoy them, or favor the work we may be doing at the time. It is our choice. Inner experiences will become a regular part of our life, and we will go on to ever-higher expressions of the divine shining out through us. In time, we become pure channels of divine love in the world.

Enjoy your practice.
Make sure you read from the beginning.. http://www.aypsite.org/10.html
Wish you all the best in your chosen path.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  09:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That sounds very interesting, M.

How do you come to meditate in that fashion, sounds like good sitting time.

When did you first start seeing the star?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000