Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 My Greetings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yoshi

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  11:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello AYP Forum,

I've been practicing Deep Meditation preceded by Spinal Breathing Pranayama for almost a week now, twice daily (20 min DM, 5 min SBP), and while the changes have been subtle, I do feel a little bit more at peace and more "centered" than I am used to, which is amazing because I have a history of major anxiety issues and depressive disorders, but even after a few days of committed meditation I feel slightly more happy. My outside, my skin, I suppose, feels a bit tingly, and I can feel an exhilaration breaking through slightly at certain points.

Since this is an introductory post I suppose I should share a little bit of my journey thus far. I have, throughout my life, been affiliated with a number of different religious groups (even if some of them were secret affiliations known only to myself to avoid trouble), and I've felt myself leaning towards a more and more "liberal", but mostly "experience-based" ideology. Not that I have had any such experiences, but that I believe that experience is important for any spiritual path. Something for this world as well as the next.

I stumbled upon the books after reading Jurgen Ziewe's "Multidimensional Man", where he referenced the Yoga series at the end in a list of recommended reading. My thoughts were, these are his experiences as a result of meditation, and these were merely a sideshow, they weren't even the goal of his meditation. Now I am not here come seeking visions and the like, but my thoughts were something to the effect that if these were the sideshows, then this meditation must be something extraordinary. Which was odd to me because I have tried meditation before, but all the manner of instruction I found was to just clear my mind of all thoughts, which was an incredibly hard and headache-inducing task, and I felt it shouldn't be.

I am glad I have found this site, and after having read both the Deep Meditation and Spinal Breathing Pranayama books, I hope to be able to come here to find community while I maintain my committed yoga regimen.

Thank you for reading,

Yoshi

Edited by - Yoshi on Jun 12 2013 11:23:26 PM

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  05:32:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Yoshi!

Sounds like you've come to the right place.

Be
Go to Top of Page

catrynn

Ireland
68 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  06:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great to meet you Yoshi! I haven't been long here myself and do the Deep meditation and some Paranayama. I have had no earth shaking experiences and no tiny tremors either But I have been in a rather difficult situation for the last month and find that by just doing next what needs to be done I get through the days. Yesterday evening I was so tired I thought I would completely freak out but I just kept doing what needed to be done and only freaked mildly! Without meditation I would have freaked out ages ago and worried constantly about what has to be done. Now I just do it with much better inner calmness. It must be working
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  08:31:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Yoshi! I used to suffer from depression also, and I didn't believe anything would help it. However, about 6 months into my AYP practice I started to realize I was no longer ruled by 'dark periods' (as I call them) and I haven't suffered from them since, depression has permanently ended for me. I wish you the best with your practices!
Go to Top of Page

rce

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  11:22:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit rce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Yoshi! I am glad you are here.
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  05:59:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums Yoshi! All the best with your practices.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  11:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Yoshi!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000