Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Monk in a dream?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Safira17

USA
1 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  11:18:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site so it's lovely to meet you all! My name is Stefanie.

Last night I had this dream and It's been resonating with me ever since I woke:

My boyfriend (in the dream - I have none in waking life) had just broken up with me so I was extremely upset. I was wandering, not really paying attention to where I was going. I just kept seeing him in my mind's eye with other women.

All of a sudden I was in France, and I knew it was the courtyard of the Louvre but it didn't look anything like it. There were these two giant brass doors, very intricately patterned. You weren't suppose to enter the doors because something was going on, but I didn't care and entered anyways. Inside there was a group of people in a circle doing something and then another set of brass doors on the other end.

I walked to the other end and walked through the doors again and was outside again but it was suddenly nighttime and I knew I wasn't in France anymore although I didn't know where the new location was. There was about ten feet of marble walkway and then stairs, but the stairs led to the ocean and the water was all the way up to the top step. There were two men there, one was a monk and the other was an American man. The monk came to me and showed me these little red moleskin sketchbooks and they were filled with lovely sketches. Some had two or three words of unpleasant things, always written generally, nothing specific. And then he said, "Let go" and he produced a stack of these little red sketchbooks and he started throwing them one by one into the ocean. I joined in, as did the other American man and pretty soon we were laughing as we threw these little books into the ocean. And the monk just kept repeating, "let go." He looked oddly familiar too. And then the American man said to me that he wished the monk had taken me into the ocean, that often they'll wade in up to their knees and "let go" and that it was a much more enjoyable experience, but maybe it wasn't time yet. Then I had the distinct feeling that I knew that I would fall in love with this man. Then I woke.

Anyways, it was a very simple dream, but for some reason this one resonated with me. I've never dreamed of a monk before, or met one in real life, so it was strange that he was so familiar to me. He had a round face like Thich Nhat Hanh's, with the laugh lines of the Dalai Lama, he wore glasses and was always smiling. Does this sound like anyone known?

I'm assuming the advice from the monk is to tell me to let go of any held past grievances, even subconscious ones, etc. but I'd love another opinion of the dream as well. I don't actively practice yoga or meditate (although I would love to, I always say I will but it somehow never happens) so could the sudden appearance of this monk be a hint to try harder to actively start studying? Hmm..

Thanks!
Stefanie

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  11:43:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to AYP forum dear and this dream is all about LET GO and its very nice gesture and I hope including me can contemplate on it and LET GO thats what is needed and should be done..not to hold on to thoughts and unwanted stuffs,thoughts etc..

hope you start in ayp simple meditation for the start which you can do it just for 10 minutes will do.Here is the link..

http://www.aypsite.com/13.html

Love n Light
Gayatri shiva
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000