Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Question for yogani
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

djc28

USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  2:49:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Yogani. I'm just wondering if you can remember how many years of meditation and pranayama practice it took for you to start to experience inner silence and ecstatic conductivity on a daily basis.

Thanks!!

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  4:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi djc28:

Everyone is a bit different depending on the process of purification and opening occurring. The practices work according to the nature of obstructions being dissolved. If we have a shovel, we can dig through dirt at a steady rate, sometimes a little quicker, sometimes a little slower, depending on what kind of obstructions we encounter. We may need a bigger shovel at times, or a smaller one at other times. That is what "self-pacing" is about.

In my case, some abiding inner silence was perceived soon after beginning meditation. Daily practice was supplemented by going on retreats as often as I could, and this helped a lot. It began over 40 years ago. Seems like only yesterday.

As I recall, some ongoing ecstatic sensations came within the first few years of practice. I did not know what the energy was about, and it was a decade later before means were found to systematically advance the energetic side of the equation. It took another decade to integrate and refine the practices for a stable blending of inner silence and ecstatic conductivity/radiance. With comprehensive knowledge available up front, it should not take anyone so long.

The AYP writings have been put out there to hopefully save people some time in all of this, and perhaps help avoid running off on tangents when energy experiences flare up. Inner silence is cause -- energy is effect. Good to keep that in mind.

Nowadays, everything is moving much faster, so we navigate accordingly. It's a good thing. Steady as she goes.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

PS: If you would like to speed things up in a balanced way, it is suggested to go on an AYP retreat.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  5:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Yogani for sharing
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 27 2013 :  8:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another thank you Yogani from me

Go to Top of Page

catrynn

Ireland
68 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  1:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And a big thank you from me. You see I am just starting out on the AYP path and already I am 67 so I was glad to hear that I may not have to be over 100 to have results! So thank you for all your work over the last 40 years so that people like me can go forward in a confident and knowledgeable way with self-pacing and knowing the guru is within. I am not holding my breath to get there - yet!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000