Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 First time posting a question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FMNYC

USA
3 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  4:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit FMNYC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi everyone!

first post here, hope everyone is happy and safe.

my question is about a somewhat strange thing i catch myself doing during Deep Meditation.

i begin with my tongue against the roof of my mouth and repeating the mantra but soon my breath slows down and my tongue kinda, well, moves sort of back towards the back of my mouth and away from the top.

it's almost like it wants to go into my throat... or something..

it's not uncomfortable and it doesn't interrupt my meditation at all. truth be told, i kinda like the way it feels :)

is this normal? should i make an effort and stop it?

thanks for any help.

Peace!

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  6:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome FMNYC,

this recent reply came to mind and should help answer your question http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....12726#108773

Breath slowing down is also normal, and we are told to let the breath do its thing and continue on with deep meditation.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4431 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  7:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi FMNYC,

Welcome to the forum.

The tounge wanting to go down the throat is the beginnings of something called kechari mudra stage 5. It is nothing to worry about, and there is no need to stop it from happening.

You may be interested in this lesson on kechari (it covers kechari stage 1 to 4):

http://www.aypsite.org/108.html

Stage 5 is discussed in the published book of the lessons and also by Yogani in this forum post:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....page=8#26378

It is a very advanced practice, so no need to start thinking it is something you need to do.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  8:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by FMNYC

hi everyone!

first post here, hope everyone is happy and safe.

my question is about a somewhat strange thing i catch myself doing during Deep Meditation.

i begin with my tongue against the roof of my mouth and repeating the mantra but soon my breath slows down and my tongue kinda, well, moves sort of back towards the back of my mouth and away from the top.

it's almost like it wants to go into my throat... or something..

it's not uncomfortable and it doesn't interrupt my meditation at all. truth be told, i kinda like the way it feels :)

is this normal? should i make an effort and stop it?

thanks for any help.

Peace!

It's always a good session when that happens to me. I hope the same is happening for you as well.

Enjoy
Go to Top of Page

FMNYC

USA
3 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  10:31:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit FMNYC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you so much for all the responses!

yeah, i checked out that Kechari thing... wow! that is a truly amazing part of the practice! so much to learn!

do you guys remember that "new bicycle" feeling? that is exactly how i feel right now.

not only is this a beautiful practice and way of life but it is also fun, and sorta exciting.

so glad to hear that my crazy tongue thing is a natural development, admittedly it was weird at first, like it almost has a mind of its own but once i let it be it felt really good.

again, thank you all for your responses.

cheers!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000