Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Anxiety at Dawn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  12:50:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys, so for a few years now I've had this problem: every other day or some weeks everyday, I get feelings of intense fear in the mornings (about two or three hours before I wake up). I don't even know whats causing them but they're there and very difficult to get rid of. Sometimes I can go back to sleep, mostly not though. Over the last week I've been experiencing this at a much more intense level. As bad as my nights are, my days are equally good, which is why its not too bad. Has anyone experienced something like this? If so, please share some insights/advice.

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2013 :  04:45:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ak33,

do you think this is your fear?

Mykal K
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  9:04:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hmmm... I see from your profile that you are a male, age 32, and therefore my situation is not relevant to you, but - since becoming perimenopausal I have sometimes experienced anxiety and a sense of impending doom when I first wake up. I pray intensely, do my morning yoga and it goes away. I am sure in my case it is hormonal.

Does it help if you do some form of watching the breath or gentle pranayama?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  09:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi AK33.
Wanted to share a technique I had heard about.
If we feel restless during sleep and/or just as you wake up, look at your life, there is something in your life that you need to use your energy to change. It may be something like becoming more organized, completing some chores, tasks, spending some more time doing something you enjoy, eat better.

If the restlessness is during the day, then there is something in our life that we cannot change, but are not ready to accept yet. Here we need to use our buddhi/knowing to accept it.

Maybe take a look at your life and see what is begging a change and can be worked on and changed or accepted, so there is a harmony between your inner world and outer world.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000