Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Pranic "rocking chair"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  09:55:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone notice the following phenomenon:
whenever you stop doing things, just be present with whatever that's going on, a rocking/vibrating sensation comes to the front of the perception....it is felt to be in and around the body, like a pranic cloud gently rocking me....or a rocking chair....it can happen anywhere anytime, when sitting on toilet, after having lunch, or a temporary stop during a walk....

I am not totally sure, but I guess it is the prana, the life force that is going on all the time, and previously I was just not still enough to have a more discerning inner perception, and of course, perhaps the energy wasn't strong.

My current routine is 8-20-11, with the "I thought-who I am?" sutra added. I practiced ymk a month ago with good result, but stopped. at that time I felt ecstasy in many places after practice, but not as so global and micro as this one...

guess many have similar experiences, right?

love,
Phil

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  11:37:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Phil,

I have experienced much the same thing. The energy/vibrations are always present, it is more about where you are focusing your attention. On the energy side, I think you will find that the deeper you go, the more subtle the vibration, until ultimately it has "merged" with the silence and becomes like "light".

Best wishes, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  11:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your comment. what you said sounds really nice, and it also seems where it is going, too...samyama just enhances the process.

love and "light"

Phil
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  11:30:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's like stillness breathing, pulsing, touching the Infinite with the rhythm of a quiet heart...one of the shades of ecstatic bliss. It's a great cocoon to be wrapped in...I can definitely relate to these symptoms.

Right now it feels like my arms and hands are wrapped in an invisible polar-bear-chill-suit, and my heart is the trigger for the air-inflation device that pumps more chillness to the extremities...
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  12:52:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Pheel,
Yes, I have a similar experience which manifests in two ways: The "rocking" I sometimes experience as more of a swaying or wiggling, like a snake undulating, especially when I do sitting pranayama when I first wake up in the a.m. What you describe as a "pranic cloud" I experience continually and feels like being held in God's arms.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  08:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bodhi Tree and Radharani,

Great to hear that you both saw similar sceneries and enjoyed it....I like both expressions: "the shades of ecstatic bliss" and "being held in God's arms".

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  09:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

It's like stillness breathing, pulsing, touching the Infinite with the rhythm of a quiet heart...one of the shades of ecstatic bliss. It's a great cocoon to be wrapped in...I can definitely relate to these symptoms.

Right now it feels like my arms and hands are wrapped in an invisible polar-bear-chill-suit, and my heart is the trigger for the air-inflation device that pumps more chillness to the extremities...

Hi Bodhi,

I like your polar bear analogy. The "chill" you feel is the "being" in deeper (or higher) consciousness, kind of like deep sea diving. Energy/light is the warmth for the "equalization" of pressure. If someone starts to feel extreme "coldness", that can often be a sign of too much inquiry (diving to deep).

Best wishes, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  3:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff,

Yes, I've felt the coldness of being in too deep, and my organs and muscles cannot quite cope with the depth, so that is where focus/cultivation on energy/light brings the warmth. Also grounding, of course. But the polar bear "chillness" is not so much a cold temperature as it is a refreshing coolness of the flow of amrita through the system. When I am "equalized", there is this hybrid feeling of cold/warmth mixing to produce the shimmering stillness which is so pleasant in its paradoxical quality of being both serene and vibrant simultaneously. And the trick is not to just bask in the condition, but to functionally share it in various modes of communication (inner and outer).

Self-pacing is something I'm still fine-tuning and learning to master. It's about the "merging", as you say.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  9:27:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pheel,

As soon as I close my eyes the "spinning" starts. Been like this for many years now. You're not alone.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Chaz

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  01:43:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The pranic rocking chair as you call it (good one ) has been a frequent experience of mine for a while now also. I like what Bodhi said about the rhythm of the heart, I noticed this as well.

quote:
I like your polar bear analogy. The "chill" you feel is the "being" in deeper (or higher) consciousness, kind of like deep sea diving. Energy/light is the warmth for the "equalization" of pressure. If someone starts to feel extreme "coldness", that can often be a sign of too much inquiry (diving to deep).

Jeff, can you please explain this a little more? Most of the time my experience of energy, especially when briefly in an ecstatic trance state, the energy feels like a powerful, cool electric buzz surging through every cell. The warm energy is felt as well, but usually not as intensely or frequently. When it is felt it's usually felt as a quick release of heat from the solar plexus, heart, or root. Standing meditation does increase it significantly.

Edited by - Chaz on Apr 05 2013 01:48:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  11:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bodhi tree, about the coolness, it seems when I noticed a deeply rooted tendency and let it go from the source, I could feel a chill spreading all over and going out from the pores....otherwise, I never felt cool/cold energy, just endless warmth and sometimes heat....

and the heart does play a big role in the pranic vibe...it seems to be the source of the pranic pulse, prior to blood pulse...

Phil
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  10:56:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chaz

The pranic rocking chair as you call it (good one ) has been a frequent experience of mine for a while now also. I like what Bodhi said about the rhythm of the heart, I noticed this as well.

quote:

Jeff, can you please explain this a little more? Most of the time my experience of energy, especially when briefly in an ecstatic trance state, the energy feels like a powerful, cool electric buzz surging through every cell. The warm energy is felt as well, but usually not as intensely or frequently. When it is felt it's usually felt as a quick release of heat from the solar plexus, heart, or root. Standing meditation does increase it significantly.

Hi Chaz,

If one is feeling the "buzz" in every cell of the body, that is a positive sign.

Energy where you "control" the flow is at a conscious level of the mind. Uncontrolled energy (like Kundalini), is happening at a subconscious level of the mind. With practices, one is trying to "pull" the subconscious issues/fear/obstructions into the conscious mind. As issues are let go, "clarity" increases.

Coolness is usually felt when one is sort "digging into" the subconscious and "exposing" issues. The energy flows and "hits" the issues, resulting in the feeling of buzzing or vibrations. As you accept and let go of the issue, you get used to the "depth of mind" and it no longer feels "cold". Kind of like being a deep sea diver and getting used to the pressure at different depths.

Best wishes, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  5:06:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Pheel

Hi Bodhi tree, about the coolness, it seems when I noticed a deeply rooted tendency and let it go from the source, I could feel a chill spreading all over and going out from the pores...

That coincides with my experience too. Thank you for corroborating.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  03:43:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the explanation. It sounds like warming our beds with our body tempture in winter, when in proper heating wasn't available in those early years in China....

Let's get in there and have a sweet sleep....

Phil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000