Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Urge to release
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DoctorWho

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  6:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My DM and SB having been progressing nicely...hit the one year mark of exclusive AYP practice a few days ago!!

As I noted in a recent post, I'm really becoming aware of the need to cultivate my sexual energy. My wife and I have a great sex life and lately I've been a little less 'in the mood' because of my consistent practice. I'm really establishing an inner silence and my bhakti is on the rise. I'm reading my wife the Tantra lessons and she's getting into the DM habit. This is a huge paradigm shift in my habitual view of sex.

Our schedules have been such that we really haven't had the occasion for much sex anyway, so I've been focusing on my practice. Starting early this morning I've had a great urge to release this energy. No erections. No sexual thoughts. Just this build up of energy below that is very distracting and a bit uncomfortable. I have the urge to release this but I don't want to deplete myself because it always feels like a big setback and frankly bums me out.

I hope to make it to my evening practice which may stabilize it...but not for long I imagine. Any advice? I don't want to fight this...I've tried that in my early spiritual practice years ago and it's sheer folly. Perhaps I'm not ready to utilize this much energy at this time.

Thoughts?

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  7:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say to be moderate. Has it been a week? A month? Sometimes you let it go, sometimes you don't. Find your healthy cycle but don't try to hold it back forever.If it has been a week, maybe try to hold on and circulate it. If it has been a month, see if you can share that gift with your wife. Make it special. That is what I would do.
Go to Top of Page

DoctorWho

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  8:07:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor,

It's been two weeks. My wife and I are usually around 2-3 times a week. The weird thing about this is that this urge to release isn't carrying the usual sexual thoughts or lust attached to it. Or even an erection. It's a great validation of the cultivation of energy in my practice so that pleases me...but now what to do with it!

I see much humor in this. Like a dog chasing a car, I don't know what to do with it once I've got it!
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  9:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The marital bed is a place of mutual giving and receiving, which ultimately results in joyousness. Forget about the cultivation or circulation or retention of your sexual energies. Give to your wife whatever it is she desires from you. When I first began my tantric practices about 9 years ago, my late wife, who had been at that point meditating for over 30 years, was not pleased with my withholding from her. It seemed that it was her joyful need to take my seed from me, and when I did not let her finish me, she took it as a slight. She needed me to want her and wanted me to need her, and the completion of us both was her proof positive that all was well with our emotional relationship and our physical abilities to continue to enjoy one another in bed. Since that time, she passed away, and I was with several partners until I remarried 4 years ago. I have managed to reach almost total and complete control of my sexual release, yet seldom do I withhold from ejaculating. I can last for however long she desires, and even after an ejaculatory climax can remain erect with no refractory period whatsoever--and I am nearly 61 years old. This is how I have utilized my many years of tantric practices. By this stage--43 years of regular meditation and 9 years tantric practice--when and if I do ejaculate has no bearing on my emotions or energy any longer. It's all bliss from beginning to end. No, actually it's all bliss from BEFORE the beginning to well after the end. I am her tool, her toy, her life energy when we make love. She is my calm, soft, sweet center. Whatever it is we do, however often we do it and for however long we make it last, is no longer is an issue. If you have an emotional or spiritual, rather than physical itch to release, this is a strong sign from your intuition. Go with it, worry less, and enjoy sex more. After all, that's where we can laugh the loudest, cry the hardest, scream the longest and breathe the deepest, and what could be better for Life?
Enjoy!
Michael
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  03:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Whatever it is we do, however often we do it and for however long we make it last, is no longer is an issue

Beautiful post mikkiji
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  12:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Mikkiji.
Go to Top of Page

DoctorWho

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  1:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful post Mikkiji. Much wisdom there. I will re-read that from time to time. It is experienced practitioners like yourself (and so many others here too) that I need to hear from.

Much respect...Thank You!!!
Go to Top of Page

Evannon

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  9:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very inspiring! Thank you Mikkiji!

Doctor Who, your question is helpful to me, too. I know that when I've experienced true Kundalini energy before, it is pure energy - no object of desire or, as you say, "lust" or sexual thoughts - just this growing ecstatic energy that can become very intense. Now I'm struggling to rediscover that kind of energy... (Long story) and your experience is a helpful reminder.

In my experience, if the energy is strong and maintained, a few ejaculations here and there don't seem to diminish it. I totally agree with Mikkiji - but the key is maintaining that meditation practice!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000