Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 No ecstatic conductivity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  9:11:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I had to cut back on spinal breathing again. My practice includes

2 min spinal breathing
15 mins Deep Meditation
5 mins Samyama

I just don't seem to be cut out for energy practices. Thus no ecstatic conductivity here. Today I only did DM and Samyama and I'm doing okay. When I do pranayama, my brain feels like it's filled with air and I have a slight headache and other overload symptoms. Same with alternate nostril breathing. I'm worried that I won't progress much. Any suggestion?

love,
sunyata

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  10:43:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sunyata

Seen as you are overloading I would do 15-20 mins of DM only. If you are getting the same symptoms you may have to do 10 mins, or if you feel like it have a few days off until you feel better. Are you using the "I AM" mantra. If you are adding any enhancements that could be causing the overload too.

I have been at the same place as you. Doing a full scope of practice and then having to scale it down to breath meditation. It is very frustrating because you want to get on. But trust me you'll feel better doing less, and you'll most probably start feeling more ecstatic conductivity as a result. What I've suggested has worked for me, but someone else might have a different approach.

It seems to me that when I'm overloading all EC disappears and a headache replaces it. A bum deal. It's a fine balance, but worth it.

All the best!

Edited by - woosa on Mar 22 2013 10:44:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  04:56:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sunyata
just stay with the 2 min SBP...dont worry about ecstatic conductivity...some people dont feel it much...
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  06:33:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I woke up today and thought hmmm maybe I should change my reply and keep SBP in. I seemed a bit drastic.

And you beat me to it.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  11:47:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
woosa
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  12:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You Woosa and Maheswari for your response.

For DM I use the basic "AYAM mantra. Spinal breathing is the reason I'm overloading. I don't think I added practices too soon. I waited 6 months to include spinal breathing and Samyama. DM and Samyama is fine. I love releasing those sutras in silence.
Should I cut down DM to 10 minutes and continue with spinal breathing? Not sure what ecstatic conductivity feels like . I'll have goose bumps here and there. Cool feeling in the legs and arms. These don't feel ecstatic to me .
I thought inner silence and ecstatic conductivity leads to the big E. I'm having all these issues with just two mins of spinal breathing. Not sure when I'll get to kechari lol

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  1:13:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'll have goose bumps here and there. Cool feeling in the legs and arms. These don't feel ecstatic to me

yes these are symptoms of energy moving....plz read lesson 69
at first the symptoms of energy may not be pleasant ...then when obstructions are gradually loosened the ecstasy is felt more....
true inner silence and ecstatic energy lead to the big E.....but dont put E as your goal...and dont put "feeling the ecstasy" as your goal either....just keep doing your practices....it seems to me that there is no need for you to cut down DM.....also make sure you are getting at least 10 min rest after each sitting
Love
maheswari
ps:btw not everybody is obliged to do kechari to awaken the energy...there are many practices that awaken the energy we choose the ones we are inclined to do...so this depends on your inclination and on your level of readiness and /or sensitivity as you move along the path....personally i never liked doing kechari...it just does not appeal to me....and the energy awakened without doing this specific practice....

Edited by - maheswari on Mar 23 2013 1:17:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  1:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm trying not to make them my goals but then when you feel stuck it's kind of hard. That's when I come here
on AYP and vent . Thank You for your support. I'm more inclined to doing asanas, DM , Samyama, chanting, japa than the other practices. But then when I read the benefits/results of Kechari- I'm like..mmmmm I want to experience that too .

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  2:29:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'm more inclined to doing asanas, DM , Samyama, chanting, japa

that is great...but everything in moderation
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  2:56:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay Maha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000