Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Narayana -- Krishna Das at the Grammys
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2013 :  8:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In case anyone missed it .... yogic kirtan debuted at the Grammys (the biggest music awards show in the U.S.) a few months ago, when Krishna Das "the rock star of yogic chanting" performed his hit Narayana / For Your Love, for the global television-Internet audience viewing the Grammys.

Krishna Das - LIVE at the Grammy Awards.

Even a few short years ago, if someone had told me I'd be hearing the ancient kirtan / mantra lyrics "Aum Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya" sung live at the Grammys ... chances are good I wouldn't have believed them.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2013 :  8:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Amazing!

Thanks for posting this K'man!
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2013 :  9:57:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Wow! Amazing!

Thanks for posting this K'man!

You're welcome, Shanti!

And yeah, I thought it was pretty cool, too!

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2013 :  04:15:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing dear K
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2013 :  04:36:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

robfrommi

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2013 :  11:49:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Its amazing how yoga culture is blending into the culture, I was watching some Spongebob with my son and saw a commercial for a neti pot and also my preschooler brings home different asanas to practice for homework.

Edited by - robfrommi on Mar 15 2013 12:09:09 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000