Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 wow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  06:05:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i was translating to arabic this part from Asanas Mudras Bandha book...and now i understand why sometimes i feel he urge to do this while in sitting practices...so i do it...sometimes tears come down too
quote:
Sometimes movements point to automatic yoga
positions. For example, if we feel compelled to go
down to the mat with our head and torso while sitting
in pranayama or meditation, this is the sushumna
(spinal nerve) wanting to stretch itself for more
purification (yoga mudra).

Roberto

USA
33 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2013 :  6:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello There Mahewari "I" ve been reading AYP "stuff" for awhile, and your posts, and if it is OK, would like to say thanks ~~~!!!!

Yogani is so awesome.

So, dearest one, with all your wit Here is some sharing ... I know so many of u from your posts s

"I" REMEMBER WHEN THE I THOUGHT TOOK HOLD Dear Friends...I Am sure some of you all (Woosa ? ) can recall when this happened. Will get back here tomorrow to describe more fully the loss that occurred at age 3-4, gotta go now :) My cat is needing attention... Love to all of you. Sorry for a dyslexic first post...
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2013 :  10:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Roberto!

For me it is the need to raise my body off the floor using my hands to relieve pressure on the spine from sitting straight too long. Luckily doing this isn't too distracting, and can be done really quick.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  12:54:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, that happens to me sometimes, too. feels great!
Go to Top of Page

Arman

Australia
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  02:45:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did this just today. :) It feels lovely, like a very releasing stretch with clarity and calming. I usually stay like that for a little while before returning to practices.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000