Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini Blockage?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Indigoism

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  11:33:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
First off I wanted to say a little about myself to maybe this has a relation to the Kundalini Energy. I'm 19 years old going to college from Mon - Fri and I work all weekend so I'm a busy person. I generally meditate at night about 2 or 3 hours before bed. But here is the thing going into meditating I was focusing on the third eye, so in that case being with my ignorance and impatience I hopped right into third eye meditation not even knowing what Kundalini energy even was. So I meditated the third eye with chants and the process went very well for the first time I believe. Then so a few hours passed and I laid down to go to sleep, as I was falling asleep I started seeing different colors in which I thought "oh wow the third eye is awakening already?!?!" but the all of the sudden I felt a tingling surge of energy at the bottom of my spine and started traveling up my spine getting more intensely but NOT painful at all. I wasn't frightened rather stunned and shocked to the point where it was so unexpecting I opened my eyes and forced myself to I guess stop the energy flow making the energy slowly grind to a halt at around my solar chakra. I then googled my symptoms and found out it was Kundalini energy I was feeling after the first day I ever mediated in my entire life? But again I didn't know enough about this energy and so the next three days I would zone out in the middle of class or something and I would start to feel the energy and I would stop it and now about 3 weeks later that I'm more educated I want to unleash the energy to open up all of my chakras but I'm not sure if it's already been fully released because I've heard it has to pass through out of your crown chakra.

KundaliniTherapist

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  12:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit KundaliniTherapist's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Indigism
to me this sounds that you have intensively meditated in your past life and you are now tapping into a process that comes very easily to you as you have laid the foundations in many past lives. So, that is the good news - namely, that you bring a lot of 'talent' to meditation in this life.

On the more cautious side (not necessarily negative) I would advice to be very careful. Even though you quite obviously have this predisposition that meditation and kundalini energy comes easily to you there is no guarantee that it will be a smooth ride.

I have been in this process for nearly 30 years (and working with many clients as well). It is my experience that kundalini often gives you the wonderful ecstatic experiences in the beginning. Then, once you are 'hooked' it opens up your unconscious mind and confronts you with everything in you that is not quite enlightened. This can be extremely challenging.

One should only knowingly go down this path if you are well equipped with dealing with strong emotions, with confusing thoughts and with all sorts of 'weird' experiences. Most importantly, you should be deeply rooted in a spiritual path of love and kindness and ideally you should be well connected to a knowledgeable teacher who can guide you along the way.

hope this helps,
Tara Springett - Buddhist teacher and kundalini therapist

Edited by - KundaliniTherapist on Feb 25 2013 12:08:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  2:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Indigoism,

Your experience sounds similar to many on this site. If I may ask, what kind of meditation were you doing? Any particular tradition?

Best, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  2:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tara,

Very interesting on your combination of Buddhism and Kundalini work. I didn't think the Buddhism supported the concept of Kundalini. What Buddhist tradition do you practice?

Best wishes, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

KundaliniTherapist

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  2:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit KundaliniTherapist's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff
I practice Tibetan Buddhism and the kundalini work is absolute central in this line of Buddhism. The main practice is called tummo (or psychic heat or inner fire) and it is the foundation of all higher forms of meditations.

It is not often publicly taught with the exception of Lama Yeshe who wrote the book 'The bliss of inner fire'.

There is some sort of friendly 'competition' between some Buddhists and Hindus and therefore there are always people who will claim that tumo and kundalini are not the same. But once you had the experience than you know that these scholarly debates really are beside the point.

Tara Springett - Buddhist teacher and kundalini therapist

Edited by - KundaliniTherapist on Feb 25 2013 2:43:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  3:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tara,

Thanks. I would agree that tummo and kundalini are the same, but most of the Buddhists that I know are more of those "scholarly disagreeing" types. So with tummo, do you practice the other "completion stage" practices? Or, more of the Dzogchen Thodgal (Atiyoga) approach?

Best regards, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Indigoism

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  5:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was just meditating to the third eye so i'm pretty sure chakra meditation, I apologize I'm still knew to these practices...learning something new everyday haha
quote:
Originally posted by jeff

Hi Indigoism,

Your experience sounds similar to many on this site. If I may ask, what kind of meditation were you doing? Any particular tradition?

Best, Jeff

Go to Top of Page

Indigoism

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  5:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also guys I'd like to add, I started doing research with the chakras for a few weeks and then decided to meditate for the first time because I wanted to open my third eye. In doing so I awakened my kundalini energy the first time I ever meditated in my entire life I guess but I stopped the process of it going up my spine and I'm trying to make it flow through up to and out my crown chkra so I've been told but i havn't been able to activate it for a few weeks now. I've had a few very crazy advancements since my "partial" kundalini awakening such as alot of pressure on the third eye whenever i think about it, I meditated one night and believe I saw and felt a spirit touch me, and then last week for about 4 days whenever I meditated I would always have thoughts of the devil or something evil to the point where I took a 48 hour break from meditation in general but I have now overcome that but again can't seem to re active my kundalini energy.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  6:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Indigoism,

You have had some good advice already from others.

Kundalini is not something to play around with or to experiment with. It is very powerful and you can do yourself a lot of harm if you don't know what you are doing. It is true that kundalini has to be raised to the crown, but to attempt that in the first few weeks after an awakening would be very dangerous.

At this stage you need to develop a serious spiritual practice in order to purify your body and mind. You also need to develop a safe pathway for the energy to move along.

I would advise you to begin reading through the main lessons on this website and to develop a serious yoga practice. The journey of kundalini is a long one and it could take years before you are ready to start work on the crown chakra. It is really important to do that ground work first, otherwise it will be a real rolercoaster ride which is not much fun.

If you get things right, the journey of kundalini is a gradual rising into a state of ecstatic bliss and divine love but it is one of the most difficult arts in the world to manage successfully. So take things slowly, one step at a time and start at the beginning:

http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  6:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Indigoism

Also guys I'd like to add, I started doing research with the chakras for a few weeks and then decided to meditate for the first time because I wanted to open my third eye. In doing so I awakened my kundalini energy the first time I ever meditated in my entire life I guess but I stopped the process of it going up my spine and I'm trying to make it flow through up to and out my crown chkra so I've been told but i havn't been able to activate it for a few weeks now. I've had a few very crazy advancements since my "partial" kundalini awakening such as alot of pressure on the third eye whenever i think about it, I meditated one night and believe I saw and felt a spirit touch me, and then last week for about 4 days whenever I meditated I would always have thoughts of the devil or something evil to the point where I took a 48 hour break from meditation in general but I have now overcome that but again can't seem to re active my kundalini energy.

Probably best to let nature takes its course.
Go to Top of Page

KundaliniTherapist

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  08:09:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit KundaliniTherapist's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Indigoism,
so, some of the 'weird' stuff that I have referred to has already started to happen. I did not want to frighten you first thing but now that is happening I'd like to give you some advice on this.

First of all, you need a guide or a teacher who knows about kundalini and weird things like 'spirits are touching you'. Otherwise, I would advice you to totally back off because these kind of things can end badly. Think 'psychiatry'.

I totally agree with Christi - this is not to be played around with - it's heavy duty stuff, even if it seems to come so easily to you.

You need to think about yourself like a prodigy for meditation - just like a specially gifted child. These children will only thrive if their talent gets nurtured and if they are taught by teachers who can see their talent. If they are left to their own devices they can become disruptive in school. It's the same with you - you can do yourself a lot of harm if you try to manipulate the kundalini - trying to guide it this way and that way.

When it comes to visions of spirits the Buddhist advice is very clear: you need to see everything as your own mind - nothing comes from outside. If you think about spirits as real entities you open yourself for terrible problems. I have seen more than one person ending up in psychiatry after starting to have these experiences.

You need a 'proper' spiritual practice by knowledgeable teachers, not some self-made system. It is particularly important to have faith in some higher power like Jesus or any other deity that you feel fond of. If you get thoughts of the devil you fix your mind onto the deity until the negative thoughts subside.

Let me know if this helps

Tara Springett, Buddhist teacher and kundalini therapist

Edited by - KundaliniTherapist on Feb 27 2013 05:19:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

KundaliniTherapist

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  08:13:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit KundaliniTherapist's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff
I don't if you know - there are four different schools in Tibetan Buddhism and they all use different terminology. The terms you use are not used in my lineage (which is kagyu).

I personally focus on making Buddhist teachings really practical, free from jargon and too much academia. In that way I can help people from all sorts of backgrounds, which is most important to me.

best,
Tara Springett, Buddhist teacher and kundalini therapist
Go to Top of Page

Indigoism

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  12:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to thank all of you for this, if it wasn't for this amazing forum website I probably would have continued doing what I was doing and potentially harmed myself. With that being said I see I'm not even close to being ready for kundalini energy fully so I've been very interested still in chakra mediation and learning how to open my chakras. How can I go about learning how to open each one? Also how could I be going about finding a guide through my practices because I know for a fact if I approached my parents about this subject they would think I'm crazy (very amazing but close minded people).

And finally one last question: with these spiritual advancements seeming to happen me so fast is it safe to say there is a possibilty of me being an indigo child? As a child I always had irrational thoughts as in the meaning of life essence since I was like 11.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  2:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Indigoism

I would like to thank all of you for this, if it wasn't for this amazing forum website I probably would have continued doing what I was doing and potentially harmed myself. With that being said I see I'm not even close to being ready for kundalini energy fully so I've been very interested still in chakra mediation and learning how to open my chakras. How can I go about learning how to open each one? Also how could I be going about finding a guide through my practices because I know for a fact if I approached my parents about this subject they would think I'm crazy (very amazing but close minded people).

And finally one last question: with these spiritual advancements seeming to happen me so fast is it safe to say there is a possibilty of me being an indigo child? As a child I always had irrational thoughts as in the meaning of life essence since I was like 11.

The best way to open your chakras is a practice called "Spinal Breathing Pranayama". You can learn it here:

http://www.aypsite.org/39.html

and in the lesson which follows.

As for finding support to help you through the process, the best way is to go along to local yoga classes and see if you can find a teacher who is knowledgeable. Not all yoga teachers know about kundalini as it is not a requirement on the training courses.

Failing that, some teachers of meditation, qui gong and tai chi etc. will know about kundalini although they may not call it by that name.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  10:07:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The term "indigo child" may have arisen as Western society's attempt to make its children aware of their subtle bodies. Once a person becomes more subtle body aware, often auras, hazes, and colors are perceived in other individuals.

Edited by - Goodway on Mar 02 2013 10:25:19 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000