Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Zen Riddle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  10:56:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Where did I come from?
Where am I going to?
Came with the cloud,
Going with the wind.
Then, what is this coming and going?

Edited by - Goodway on Feb 21 2013 10:58:11 AM

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  11:50:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Goodway

Where did I come from?
Where am I going to?

Offline.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  12:04:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

quote:

Where did I come from?
Where am I going to?

Offline.

Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  12:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Where did I come from?
Where am I going to?

Offline.

So shallow!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  12:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Where did I come from?
Where am I going to?

Offline.

So shallow!

It's a joke Goodway!

... the best part of this journey... the funny bone gets well developed!

Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  12:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where did I come from?
Where am I going to?

Offline.

So shallow!

It's a joke Goodway!

... the best part of this journey... the funny bone gets well developed!

I understood this.

Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  8:04:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Har har
Go to Top of Page

mattb23

Australia
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  03:30:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Existence or consciousness is the only reality. Consciousness plus waking, we call waking. Consciousness plus sleep, we call sleep. Consciousness plus dream, we call dream. Consciousness is the screen on which all the pictures come and go. The screen is real, the pictures are mere shadows on it."

"The state of being is permanent and the body and the world are not. They are fleeting phenomena passing on the screen of being-consciousness which is eternal and stationary."

Sri Ramana Maharshi quotes

Namaste ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  11:56:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mattb23

"Existence or consciousness is the only reality. Consciousness plus waking, we call waking. Consciousness plus sleep, we call sleep. Consciousness plus dream, we call dream. Consciousness is the screen on which all the pictures come and go. The screen is real, the pictures are mere shadows on it."

"The state of being is permanent and the body and the world are not. They are fleeting phenomena passing on the screen of being-consciousness which is eternal and stationary."

Sri Ramana Maharshi quotes

Namaste ;-)

I know, that is why when someone asked me if I was living in duality, I was like "?! Where is this duality thing?!"

Hehe

The end part of your quote is pretty illuminating, because one may realize that consciousness is eternal but not realize that being has the same nature. Not all things are dualities that seem so. The reality is there are different things that a human needs, and while some of them may seem opposed to one another, indeed they are not.

Edited by - Goodway on Feb 26 2013 12:26:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  11:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Time is simply an expanse of experience.
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  2:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The crack in the vase needs to be overlooked.
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  9:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I entered the gate and could not leave.
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  3:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Samadhis come and go, who cares?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000