Enlightenment Milestones
 hatha yoga at NGO
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  05:14:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
lately i have beeing doing more self less work at an NGO...we are all volunteers nobody is being paid anything...currently working on giving a workshop about cv writting in another NGO that cures drugs addicts...so the workshop will be given to ex drug addicts that are trying to move forward in their lives

also we are organising the 6th birthay of this NGO..we choose the Japanese culture as a theme...so i am in charge of doing slides that show the various aspects of Japan as a nation...cultural.historical,economical...it is gona be an interactive game where the audience will participate

yesterday i offered a hatha yoga class for the members of this NGO....they were so excited and i was even more excited to let them feel this wonderful inner silence that yoga can bring

to my amazement they all did very well in the hatha yoga class..everybody wanted me to help them doing headstand...none was afraid..it made me wonder did they do yoga in some previous lifetimes?

one thing is for sure, those NGO member are so dedicated to self less work (self less work workaholics) that it is no suprise that they felt the bliss just from the 1st session....indeed karma yoga is another royal path to enlightenment!

TGIIY

Edited by - maheswari on Feb 02 2013 05:16:47 AM

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  07:38:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What is NGO?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  08:08:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Non governmental organization...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  10:40:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds beautiful Maheswari!
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  11:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well done!
Maybe their Sahasrara chakra is more open than average - it's a two-way street to/from empathy and selfless action...
Daring an inversion takes some confidence/reliance on he path.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  11:59:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
so true HathaTeacher i m still impressed by them....100% of the class tried headstand! never had such a class before!
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2013 :  1:37:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Inspiring!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2013 :  06:33:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Last night was the NGO birthday...i ended up also ordering the cake after contacting many patisseries to get the best price/quality bargain
it all went very well...i was on stage to do the slide competition etc...
last night i was observing myself and the crowd....then i felt like you cant know/observe/understand/love others before knowing/observing/understanding/loving one self

i realized also that when one does not act from Silence one returns to the ordinary character he/she is...with it all its insecurities,limits...so i see those limits in me and in others more

Edited by - maheswari on Feb 24 2013 07:22:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  3:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
more selfless work ..in the NGO i am involved there are 4 main programs...to each program there is a program coordinator and a project coordinator that work together...during the NGO birthday 10 days ago Rami a program coordinator asked me to fill the vacancy of the project coordinator...i told him No ..too much work
then on the same night,the NGO president asked me to fill the same position...i also said no
2 days later, the NGO president calls me and asks me again stating that my work is very professional,that i have excellent potential and lovely spirit etc...so i ended up accepting the post...truly lots of signs and "coincidences" were pushing me in that direction to that specif post since i started working in this NGO last november
The work is mainly community develpoment,community awareness and community service....i am working with lost of youth in universities all over lebanon and already meeting lots of professionals in the business/ngo/community service/consulting fields
what i like about this NGO that all the posts are filled by professionals that have their daily normal jobs and that are doing this NGO work for free without getting a penny out of it ie just like my case...plus the NGO is non political and non religious...non sectarian just like ayp and my character (if any)
Let the flow work

Edited by - maheswari on Mar 06 2013 3:50:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  3:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000