AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Neuroscience and free will
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  1:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This is one of the most shocking videos I have watched in its implications about a self. I saw it a while ago and then, as one can do if something doesn't fit with an accepted worldview, forgot about it. It may have been posted before, but worth watching again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i3AiOS4nCE

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  1:32:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  1:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes it is interesting...yet neurobiology (like the self) is "deciding" in a bigger scheme called Awareness
Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  1:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For me it is fascinating because although I have been seeking a long time and know in theory that there is no separate me, only awareness, I still feels here, as if there is a separate self doing stuff, even though I have glimpses of no self. Also, I do like a bit of science with all of this

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  2:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  6:44:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by k123

For me it is fascinating because although I have been seeking a long time and know in theory that there is no separate me, only awareness, I still feels here, as if there is a separate self doing stuff, even though I have glimpses of no self. Also, I do like a bit of science with all of this

What you are seeking is right there in the feeling of separation and all the doing of stuff there isn't a 'no self' any more than there is a 'self' there just 'is'.

Go enjoy the science and the doing of stuff you will never be any closer or any further away from what you are seeking. It is part of everything you are and everything you do so no need to go letting it come between you.
Go to Top of Page

adamadaman

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  11:31:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I question the simplicity of the experiment. I would be shocked if they could predict what plate of food he would pick at the beginning of the video.

Edited by - adamadaman on Jan 02 2013 11:41:21 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000