AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 On The Mayan Predictions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  2:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
http://humortrain.com/post/38298114...Sa8.facebook

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  5:36:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A very good point!

I was going to clean the bathroom... but with the end of the world and all that, I don't think I'll bother.

I suppose I'd better get caught up with the US TV series, or else I'll die not knowing what happened at the end of Prison Break. That would be frustrating.

Edited by - woosa on Dec 19 2012 5:37:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  7:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The Maya doomsday prophecy is a modern myth. 12/21/12 is believed by some scholars to be the end of a Mayan calendar cycle, a "baktun"- equal to 144,000 days (approximately 394 years), with the 21st being the turn from the 12th to the 13th baktun.

Unfortunately the Maya didn't predict the arrival of the conquistadors. But, there are "still Mayans".

Edited by - chas on Dec 20 2012 02:43:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  09:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Mayans weren't predicting what men would do, they were experts at the cyclical nature of astronomy.

I was joking with friends about how could you prepare for the end of the world? The best answer: "Don't make your mortgage payment."

Edited by - Etherfish on Dec 20 2012 09:07:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  11:01:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good one Ether
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  6:20:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL Well if you assume that the end of the world is on the solstice, it'll happen at 11:12 AM in London. So if you're still around then, woosa, you'd better clean the bathroom!

It happens at 5:12 AM Central time. I'm still setting my alarm for 6:00.
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  9:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I'll have a lie in then
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  05:52:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy End of the World everyone !!!!

Sey
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  4:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I have been mostly chopping wood and carrying water
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  10:53:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you think about it, all the predictions for the "end of the world" have already come true, just not all at once:

There have been cataclysmic floods, tsunamis, drought, pestilence, mass species die-offs, mass starvation, increased war, violence and unrest, mass manipulation of people's perception (good is bad, bad is good, changing the appearance of bad things and calling them good without changing their substance), evil people gaining great power and influence, multiple threats of environmental disasters, increased volcanic activity, increased tornadoes and hurricanes, fire from the sky both in meteor showers and solar flares, nuclear accidents, huge oil spill, germs overcoming long relied-on antibiotics, global warming on four planets and increased energy on all others, and on and on....

That's a pretty good score of predictions coming true, don't you think?

Happy beginning of a new and better age everyone!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  02:48:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I really feel good about all this... If anything, it's going to be a better age for everyone... But as you said dear Ether sh*t is really happening and in the area I am living in because of the war that's going on people wish the world would end... The rape, the murder on identity, the kidnappings, the refugees... It's like barbaric times but worse with the technology to do more harm...

I remember reading the predictions of Shiva Shakti Ammayiar a sage whom I've met in Tiru a couple of years back... She said "a powerful purification cycle has started in 2011 and it will be stronger in 2012 and will go on until 2022... At that date, all the world will sit and talk together and a new era of peace and prosperity will begin." Maybe we'll wise up a little until then.

Peace!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  06:41:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish
[
There have been cataclysmic floods, tsunamis, drought, pestilence, mass species die-offs, mass starvation, increased war, violence and unrest, mass manipulation of people's perception (good is bad, bad is good, changing the appearance of bad things and calling them good without changing their substance), evil people gaining great power and influence, multiple threats of environmental disasters, increased volcanic activity, increased tornadoes and hurricanes, fire from the sky both in meteor showers and solar flares, nuclear accidents, huge oil spill, germs overcoming long relied-on antibiotics, global warming on four planets and increased energy on all others, and on and on....

And a Merry Christmas to you. I think its bad when I over cook the turkey.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  09:11:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

If you think about it, all the predictions for the "end of the world" have already come true, just not all at once:

That's a pretty good score of predictions coming true, don't you think?

Happy beginning of a new and better age everyone!

Oh My!

... and like cockroaches, we still live on!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  6:24:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Space scientists are excitedly looking for planets like earth where we could thrive....I'm not so sure that's a good idea! We're too much like those cockroaches...
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  08:49:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  08:51:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK woosa, you can clean your bathroom now...
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  09:00:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
mayan calendar cartoon:

http://www.dailyfunnystuff.net/2012...-devastation
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  12:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
OK woosa, you can clean your bathroom now...

funny cartoon too!

Edited by - maheswari on Jan 07 2013 12:05:38 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000