Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 DMT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  11:59:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone had any experience with DMT. It's suppose to be a mild psychotropic and help with the pineal opening. I'm don't know much about it. Is it LSD like but less so? Is it short lasting? Can it give you a taste of what an open third eye might seem like? Or maybe one should wait until the Witness has appeared and remained permanently? Never heard of a drug that can induce the Witness!

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  04:11:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lmaher, I've tried it once... As far I've seen, but I am no expert... DMT is the only drug whom you can call really spiritual... All the others it just feels like you're still stuck in your mind and body.... With DMT there is something more... There is that real sense within the experience.

As per the experience, for 10 or 15 minutes I experienced something beyond me and was totally open and experienced oneness with that opening but there was still "someone experiencing" unlike peak experiences in spirituality where there is just experience. As per the taste of DMT it's really nice and there's an hour of euphoria after finishing from taking it.

Even though I've tried it once, yet it was very powerful and instructional... If you are going to experience just be welcoming... Bad visions are also a part of the experience but if you welcome them you'll realize that this is just how things are... They are all the same... Just be welcoming in your experience of DMT no matter what comes and it will all go well.

Before experiencing it I was told to call upon my ishta (beloved deity) and I called on Kali Ma back then... All in all it was a great experience.

Hope this helps.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  08:12:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lmaher22

I've had plenty of experience with DMT. I've used it via intranasal injestion, inhalation and oral injestion with an MAOInhibitor (in the form of ayahausca). It is absolutely not a "mild psychotropic." It is like LSD on steriods but yes it is (technically) short lasting. In physical reality it lasts 5-15 minutes, but in "trip time" it can feel like an entire lifetime. It does not "help with pineal opening" in my opinion (at least not permanently) and the whole DMT/Pineal fascination that you may read/hear about is the result of Rick Strassman (author of "DMT The Spirit Molecule") positing that the pineal gland secretes DMT at the time of birth/death.... this has never been proven scientifically although it does make a lot of sense.

As far as DMT being the only drug you can call "spiritual," I wholehearted disagree. I personally find ketamine, mushrooms and marijuana to be considerably more useful spiritually than DMT, and I find ketamine to be the most reliable substance for inducing "spiritual states"... but your mileage may vary.

Love!
Carson

P.S. Here's a great resource for info on DMT: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  11:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You seem to have more experience Carson, so you know best...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  2:11:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. So screw it, I'll keep sitting on my ass.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  5:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Took DMT once. Blasted off into a vast space where this mermaid-like, radiant angel woman was swimming at me, and a man was blissfully meditating below her. The entire space, as well as the two beings, was made entirely of light. Stunningly beautiful. Very short.

Never have taken it again because I have an addictive personality, and I know how my mind works. I would turn to DMT (or another psychedelic) as my gateway to the higher realms. But I choose to abstain because I want a permanent transformation (via Deep Meditation and other yoga practices) so I can travel freely to and from the higher realms without the baggage and inevitable track marks that DMT and other chemicals leave in the nervous system.

I've got a young friend right now that is really addicted to DMT, and it is sad to see.

You might not be of the addictive persuasion, so it may be a viable and worthwhile option for you. But still, you may have to ask yourself: Do I want a preview with the subsequent letdown, or do I want permanent access to higher mind/self?

To each his own. Live and learn.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  6:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. Drugs can be misleading, especially if you're addictive. They can give you a glimpse.

lmaher22 by "sitting on my ass" I hope you mean meditating?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000