New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  03:09:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Buddha Belly problem here as well. And yes, it was at its best during the full moon but I had never looked for any correlation before. I put it down to diet and the menstrual cycle.. hmm..

Sey
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  07:07:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the BB club, Sey!

Go to Top of Page

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2013 :  3:54:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In the interest of science , I thought I'd note my experience of today. The Buddha Belly phenomenon had not gone away completely, but had calmed down considerably during my daily DM, until today. Though it didn't push out to an uncomfortable degree, it was much stronger today than it has been since the full moon week. I looked at my trusty Phases of the Moon app and learned that today is the first day of the New Moon: 0% illuminated, 0 days old.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  4:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all,

Since my last post here, many things have happened with respect to this particular issue. Back then, I began to see that there was an energetic block in the manipura area, that was manifesting as the BB and a few other things. Out of curiosity, I had a few acupuncture treatments with a very knowledgeable TCM practitioner and after about 3 treatments, I began to notice less of that block. Concomitantly, I read an excellent book by Mantak Chia, that is one of the best out there in describing specific energy issues related to yoginis. Be warned that there is adult content in the second half of the book, that may interest some yoginis here; most certainly not a book one would run off and buy for their daughters with Kundalini issues.

This book describes specific practices for cultivating energetic pathways in women. There is one practice in that book that has really made a big difference in my belly symptoms, called Ovarian Breathing (that I've modified into Ovarian Breathing + Microcosmic Orbit, for a set number of rounds before moving on to SBP). Super important in the transition phase is something that Chia describes in many books - the clockwise and counterclockwise movement of energy in the belly, to "store" energy there (energetic nauli of sorts). Incorporating this during sitting practices and two other times during the day has resulted in a huge release of blocks that had caused symptoms described in my previous posts.. The combination of acupuncture and this breathing practice has resulted in my cycles getting out of whack; suspect it is some sort of resetting that may self-correct with continued clearing of the blocks..

Wonder how you fabulous yoginis are doing? Would love to hear any updates..

Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  08:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha! Let take a moment to shamelessly promote the small study we're doing on this very topic! We need more volunteers.

I've been doing the Presence Process for the past few weeks, and it's helping with some emotional blocks related to sexuality and intimacy. I'm super grateful for that, and so is my husband.

Even though the presence process claims that it is not a spiritual/energetic practice, I still feel an increased energy and have a tendency to overload in the days preceding menstruation. I also still get the buddha belly symptom around the time of the full moon. In fact, it feels as though the belly area is much less dense than it used to be. Normally I would say that the muscle has been replaced with fat , but the abdominals seem stronger. Can't explain that one.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  11:10:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ladies!

Just wondering how you gals feel during ovulation?

I'm feeling very different. It's likely a combination of things, but I am ovulating.

Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  12:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Typically, ovulation time is exhilarating. Happy! Energetic! Sometimes there's a feverish feeling too.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  04:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
for several months my period was conming on new moon day (either exactly or + 1 or 2 days)...this month it did not....i got it yesterday and new moon was on saturday so big difference
bye bye spiritual ovulation
ps: hope it is not slowly moving towards full moon
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  2:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste,

Quite often, I get email questions about this thread.. Perhaps updates might be useful..

Well, it is interesting to see the scarcity of writings about the effect of spirituality on a woman's body. In any case, it leaves each of us to function as our own scientist and guide, fitting into the overall general scheme of AYP!

For the last 8-12 months, what I've noticed is an association between menstrual cycles and openings or shifts in perception/understanding. At first, the occurrence of additional short cycles in between cycles was concerning and it took a while to notice the connection. The first time it happened was a few months after I began Sri Vidya Sadhana and the block described above suddenly dissolved (along with a deep rooted issue). The period came the very next day and within two weeks after the previous one. Now it can almost be predicted.. There is also a difference in the flow when it occurs "out of cycle" versus "as scheduled". It is a purificatory response, not just to any insight but only those that settle deep down into the body. The intuitive "a-ha" of another veil being thinned is accompanied by a deep physical relaxation (usually in the solar plexus) and a deeper establishment in the here-now. As if to cleanse away some deep-rooted karmic pattern, the period follows immediately. In Ayurveda, the characteristic of the flow says much about the state of the body-mind of the woman. Dark blood with cramps or clots are indicative of ama, the accumulated "toxin". Bright blood flowing without discomfort is indicative of little or no ama. Invariably with these purificatory "in between" cycles, there is the flow of the latter kind while the regularly scheduled ones are of the latter kind.

Yep, too much information, sorry! My OB/Gyn cannot explain it; neither can I. We both agree it is not peri-menopause. Instead of the mood, weight and other symptoms that characterize peri-menopause, there is lightness, clarity, translucency of vision, and ever growing bliss and joyfulness. The symptoms of PMS or those related to the moon cycles are gone, except for the uncharacteristically busy mind that precedes the opening. The distinct association of menstrual cycles with openings is marvelous to see and an undeniable fact of the oneness of mind, body and spirit.

For any yogi or yogini having any continued BB or overload in general, I highly recommend Triphala. Makes a whole lot of difference in stimulating and transforming agni, the digestive fire of the body and mind. Inquiry and samyama are facilitated by this improved agni along with loss of interest in the drama of the personal self. I've written a bit about agni on my blog for anyone interested.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000