Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The_seeker

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  11:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit The_seeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Good day wise ones,
I'm looking for an advice from you guys.
I don't know why, but I find my twice repetition sutra-samyama session a bit long. If I release all sutras, according the procedure, only once I feel confortable, If I do 2 repetions for each sutra, naturally, the session becomes longer and I don't know why I become kind of restless...
Is it mandatory to go for 2 repetitions and to wait, eventually, for stability in the procedure with the time or maybe I should keep staying with one repetion-sutra until some easyness will show up.

Thank you

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  1:54:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello seeker,

It's up to you to choose your own comfort level. There's nothing wrong with sticking to 1 sutra repetition, if 2 is too much for you. As long as some inner silence is present, even 1 of each sutra can have some benefit.

But also, getting restless or impatient with sitting practices is bound to happen at some point on your journey. I don't know anyone (including myself) that hasn't faced some degree of restlessness at some point. So there is also value in being steady and determined to carry on in the face of that.

Love and Blessings
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

The_seeker

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  5:10:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit The_seeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you cosmic
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000