New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  12:35:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami

Karl, love your style of writing! And I agree with you on all of it. It is difficult for me to put in words, the changes or lack thereof, or progress or any such thing. Because nothing has changed externally, other than a subtle sense, a shift.. The best I can do to describe it is a "willingness" to go with it and increasing trust in it. Not sure it makes any sense, but I get what you mean by flexibility. I am more flexible, just don't ask how

Which is good to know as I'm in the middle of writing my first book. Your willingness to go with it and trust is actually the whole frame of the writing. Learning to be yourself, going deeper and deeper into the core as we peel back the outer layers of self deceit and illusion.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  4:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Which is good to know as I'm in the middle of writing my first book.

another adventure for James?
hope the role of M is big
for instance James Bond in Beirut...sounds great!

Edited by - maheswari on Jul 25 2012 4:04:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  5:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kevincann
Jnana is in a continuous cycle of outpouring; I mean originally the
Rig Veda was about sacrificing to the gods; yet nobody will say
the Vedas are not 'scriptures of importance'. Are we still sacrificing
to the gods? Well no, and well, in a manner of speaking yes.

But now the gods we sacrifice to are inside of us, and the sacrifice
is painful parts of ourselves to our Selves; like it always was.

To chase after 'enlightenment' is s tragic mistake.

Hi Kev,

Thanks again for the beautiful words!

All of the ritualistic worship in Hinduism has deep symbolic meanings, that had been lost in translation for centuries. So yes, all that worship is to the Gods within. And the multitude of Gods are just various aspects of the one Divine, with beautiful symbolism of what their forms mean..

True, hankering after anything is a mistake. But, we all have to start somewhere - rising bhakti results in wanting it more and more and more.. Until, like TTN said, one becomes weary of wanting even enlightenment.. But it cannot be forced. It is the message of neo-Advaitins to "do nothing" and accept everything. But we have to become ripe for that - wanting enlightenment --> practices --> wanting more --> more practices --> growing silence --> Bam! Ready for inquiry and letting go and willingness to see. Not a second before that. At least that has been my experience.. very limited experience

Karl, looking forward to that book!!

Love,
kami
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  08:19:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

quote:
Which is good to know as I'm in the middle of writing my first book.

another adventure for James?
hope the role of M is big
for instance James Bond in Beirut...sounds great!

Go to Top of Page

NSB

Australia
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  04:27:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kami -

I had a similar experience once. I had "10 days of bliss" after a Rebirthing (which is like pranayama) weekend workshop. I felt pretty ordinary myself initially, in the ambience of the weekend workshop, where I had dealt with painful recent issues, but when I got home to my group of friends and housemates people were bursting into tears in my presence, blurting out things about themselves. I saw an aura (the only time I've ever seen one). It seemed that I was hooked up to some divine source of energy that people were responding to. And I gradually realised that I was "high on life"!!

That was over 10 years ago and I consider it my life mission to get that connection back permanently!
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  08:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by NSB

Kami -

I had a similar experience once. I had "10 days of bliss" after a Rebirthing (which is like pranayama) weekend workshop. I felt pretty ordinary myself initially, in the ambience of the weekend workshop, where I had dealt with painful recent issues, but when I got home to my group of friends and housemates people were bursting into tears in my presence, blurting out things about themselves. I saw an aura (the only time I've ever seen one). It seemed that I was hooked up to some divine source of energy that people were responding to. And I gradually realised that I was "high on life"!!

That was over 10 years ago and I consider it my life mission to get that connection back permanently!

Hi NSB,

Thanks for sharing I'm a bit familiar with rebirthing..

Just remembered when you mentioned aura - I was at a satsang two weeks ago, and started seeing auras, particularly around the swamiji who was talking. Initially, I thought it was my imagination, but found I was seeing it everyday (it was a 4-day series of talks) and all it took was a subtle shift in gaze that happened spontaneously at first and voluntarily later.. And then I could see it around most people if I was able to shift my gaze in that way.. Was cool at the time, and then I lost all interest in seeing auras

Love,
kami
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000