Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Can I start DM and samyama simeltaneously?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogishankar

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  10:41:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am a new member here. However I am not new to advanced yoga practices elsewhere. I have been meditating on different mantra all these days.

I have started reading the main lessons one by one. They are very informative. Master Yogani is virtually hand holding us thru each lesson.

I want to start the deep meditation and also simeltaneously Samyama. Is that OK?

BodhiTree, thankful if you can pls advise me.

Edited by - yogishankar on Jul 01 2012 12:27:16 PM

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  12:30:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it's OK if you have been meditating (mantra meditation) for quite a while and have developed some inner silence as described by Yogani in the lessons. Samyama is very beneficial and pleasant. Do you plan to switch to using the Ayam mantra? In that case you might give it a little time to settle in before starting samyama. The Ayam mantra is very powerful. At any rate, if you've been meditating for some time so then you will have a feeling when samyama is right to add to your practices. Enjoy
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  1:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes you can start it. Although samyama is introduced after some more advanced methods like dynamic jalandhara and nauli, the lessons do say the only prerequisite is having some inner silence. In addition to that, samyama can be done as many times as you like since it may not have that risk of overload, though 2 repetitions per sutra is recommended, and 4 is already on the high end where it can already become excessive and less effective.

Enjoy the lessons!
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  2:21:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I you feel drawn to try it, and have some inner silence from other yoga practices, then go for it. I'd suggest being mindful of its effects on you and cutting back at the first sign of overload.

AYAM mantra is very powerful and some people have reported problems with it, while they had no such problems with other mantras (even meditating for longer periods of time). Good to keep that in mind and be wise.

Namaste [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  3:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogishankar,
Like the others have said, if you have some inner silence, you can add samyamama. However, if you are going to start AYP's deep meditation, I would give it a couple of weeks before adding samyama. This is just so you have an idea of which practice is adding what to your sadhana. This is important when we have to self pace due to overloads. So yes, absolutely add samyama, but give mantra meditation a couple of weeks and then add it.
Thank you for all your sharings.
Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

yogishankar

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  4:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Shanti, cosmic, AumNaturel, LittleTurtle.

I started samyama today morning after my DM with other mantra. I could sense its effectiveness immediately.

I had been to Hypnosist in the past. He would be making the mind to quiet first (which is inner silence here) for first 20 minutes, after initial 5 minutes of relaxation. Then he will introduce deep sleep sensation (of course, with awakeness) and then he would be introducing suggestions one by one. Each one repeated 4 times. Normally 5 suggestions are introduced. Gap of 1 or 2 minutes silence, music would be introduced. Then we will be awakened from sleep. Each time Hypnosist visit fee is $150/- for 35 minutes session.

Samyama is producing the much better effect if not equal to same.

_/\_
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  5:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogishankar

Wonderful. I heartily agree with all of the above words of wisdom, and as you are already discovering, your personal experience, intuition, and the inner guru will be your greatest guide. Peace be with you.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  6:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogishankar

Namaste Shanti, cosmic, AumNaturel, LittleTurtle.

I started samyama today morning after my DM with other mantra. I could sense its effectiveness immediately.

I had been to Hypnosist in the past. He would be making the mind to quiet first (which is inner silence here) for first 20 minutes, after initial 5 minutes of relaxation. Then he will introduce deep sleep sensation (of course, with awakeness) and then he would be introducing suggestions one by one. Each one repeated 4 times. Normally 5 suggestions are introduced. Gap of 1 or 2 minutes silence, music would be introduced. Then we will be awakened from sleep. Each time Hypnosist visit fee is $150/- for 35 minutes session.

_/\_

AYP Samyama is different than hypnosis. Hypnosis is overlaying a structure (deeply planted in the ego). Samyama is more like a prayer to the divine. The power of Samyama is that is released from silence. If you can feel energy flows, you can often feel the energy grow as the intent is released.

Edited by - jeff on Jul 01 2012 6:33:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogishankar

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  6:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful. I heartily agree with all of the above words of wisdom, and as you are already discovering, your personal experience, intuition, and the inner guru will be your greatest guide. Peace be with you.

Thank you, Bodhi for your kind words

_/\_

Edited by - yogishankar on Jul 01 2012 6:39:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogishankar

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  6:58:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP Samyama is different than hypnosis. Hypnosis is overlaying a structure (deeply planted in the ego). Samyama is more like a prayer to the divine. The power of Samyama is that is released from silence. If you can feel energy flows, you can often feel the energy grow as the intent is released.

:) I have never said AYP Samyama is same as Hypnosis at any point of time.

I dont know about ego, so I dont want to talk about it. I know only conscious and unconscious mind. Words such as Love, Radiance, etc expressed in Samyama during inner silence produces profound effect on the nerve system and internally in the body with more relaxation.

The ultimate benefit out of AYP Samyama is more than the auto-suggestion of Hypnosis. (It is because the auto-suggestion comes from the voice of Hypnosist and there is very subtle reluctance to accept the suggestion, while thought such as Love, Radiance, comes from me)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000