Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 The tool for snipping the frenum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  5:05:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

Im trying to do Kechari, and i`ve been practicing Talavya for some months now. Of course progress is very slow.
In the AYP a snipping procedure is mentioned, using "A sterilized, sharp cuticle snipper".

As i'm not from the USA, i don`t quite understand what tool to use or how to use it.

Could anyone point me to some information? A picture maybe.

Thanks in advance!

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  5:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anibaru,

Here are some images of cuticle nippers.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=768&bih=946

You should be able to order them from Amazon, and Amazon ships all over the world.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  12:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ouch!! looks scary

Is it possible not having any frenum to cut? When I saw topics on khechari or frenum previously, I checked my tounge and it looks like I don't have a frenum...
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  08:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah looks scary, and how do you use that?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  09:25:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ha ha....

Here are the instructions on how to use it, Anibaru:

http://www.aypsite.org/108.html
It can be very easy and gentle. Above all, it can and should be gradual. It is done with very tiny snips. Tiny snips, each as small as a hair or a very thin string. A sterilized, sharp cuticle snipper (like a small wire cutter) can be used to do the job, bit by bit. When we lift our tongue up, we can see right away where the point of greatest stress on the frenum is. If we take a tiny snip there, not bigger than a hair, it probably won't even bleed. Maybe one drop. If more than one drop, we did too much. The tiny snip will heal in a day or two. The tissues of the mouth heal very quickly. Then maybe in a week or a month, whatever we are comfortable with, we will be ready to do it again. And then, in another week or more, do it again. If we are sensitive, a little ice can be used to numb the edge of the frenum, and we won't even feel a little pinch when we snip. Don't use ice to take a big snip though. That is too much, and brings in some risk of infection. We should not snip if we have any kind of infection in the body. With tiny snips, the frenum will be allowing the tongue to go further back in no time, and before we know it we will be using our finger to push our tongue behind our soft palate.

Swan, I really don't have an answer for your question: "Is it possible not having any frenum to cut?"
We are all so different that it could be you are right. If you are interested in trying kechari, just try milking the tongue and see. Sometimes that is enough to get into the next stage.
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  2:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I read these instruction a while a go, and now i'm finding more details in it.
Still have some questions, what is the point of greatest stress? i've been practicing talabya for some time and i just checked the frenum to see
a point of stress. Is it probably the middle point ? (if you do talavya and stretch the frenum then the middle point is where it hurts a little)

Snipping refers to cutting a bit of the frenum, like cutting your nails, right? maybe like "carving" ?

My english is not that bad, but sure these details matter and i don`t understand how to proceed.

Also, is it true that if you completely cut the frenum, then you canĀ“t talk anymore?

Thanks your help!
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  9:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey,

I am not into it right now, but someday I plan on snipping and I'm wondering the same thing as Anibaru. Is it best to snip from the middle of the frenum? Or top/bottom?

PS Anibaru - snipping means cutting like with a scissors. It's the natural way to use the tool shown in the link above. Make very tiny cuts, like the width of a single hair.
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  07:18:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JDH

When snipping the middle way is the best. If you snip too high or low you may end up snipping veins later on.
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  07:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Swan

ouch!! looks scary

Is it possible not having any frenum to cut? When I saw topics on khechari or frenum previously, I checked my tounge and it looks like I don't have a frenum...

A master in the Kriya line is strictly against snipping as you can do it naturally for the Kechari mudra.

I tried it a little bit in the description of Ennio Nimis as a fundamental prerequisite for the first kriya initiation. It conviced me. Easy to find by searchword in the 2010 edition.

Axel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000