Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Urge for perfection/unseen warfare
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  7:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Free e-book appering under one of these titles or the title 'Spiritual combat' - 400+ y. old classic http://www.stnicholasdc.org/files/O...-Warfare.pdf

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  05:39:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. I find the words strangely comforting, despote the stern approach, much like the Gita.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  04:18:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This book makes a lot of sense. In untrained hands it could lead to an extremist approach, but tempering it with an understanding of Yoga makes it a very useful guide. It essentially says the same things but in a more dogmatic and instructional way, but it does answer a lot of questions with straight forward s are tactics and bluster which might be off putting to those who prefer a more gentle, etheric understanding of "the path".

I have to say I like it. The approach is very "fire and brimstone" which I find amusing, but it gets the point across even if the balance is more militant. I'm not sure why I gel so well with it, as if I had read a few sentences a year or two ago it would have been quickly dumped as an extremist philosophy. It does make me laugh for some reason, it's like a spell in the army under a fierce officer.
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  10:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl,

When I read the first 50 odd pages I thought that if the author replaces "you" with "Lili" he wrote it custom made for me .

I am not sure I understand all, but a fair amount makes sense from the get go. For me it's easier to read because if you are Eastern Orthodox it's pretty much the party line. Integrating it in daily life as you can imagine is less straightforward.

Cheers, Lili

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000