New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  07:56:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And not just karma, I think acting like a poor beggar everyday will turn you into one eventually.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  08:37:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

And not just karma, I think acting like a poor beggar everyday will turn you into one eventually.

Pretty good poetic line.

Acting like a poor beggar everyday,
Will turn you into one eventually.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  05:38:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
an update...this morning went to have my morning coffee at that place...2 days ago i was spontaneously inspired to get Zeinab (the little girl) 2 simple booklets...one has the arabic alphabet associated with a picture of an animal or object etc...and another booklet is about writing the arabic numbers....
Zeinab said that she knows the letters and she is gona teach them to her brother
but she does not know the numbers that well
anyway she was very happy...and to me she looked as a lovely human being
Om Tat Sat

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  07:34:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Maheswari.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  10:04:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
VERY good gift Maheswari! And since she showed interest, there is a lot of hope for a better life. How sweet teaching her brother.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  7:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
some very touching stories here, thanks for the read. I thought it was cute how the little girl said she tried on the clothes, shows pride in herself for doing the right thing, not just being in a hurry, but being smart.

the child may live in an oppressive family, however by showing warmth that she may not recieve at home, she may believe in people and this may open her up to become a beautiful soul

One of the things that i had done in the past was i used to give out packages for cold weather. a blanket, gloves, thermal socks, sometimes sweaters, etc...... I sent out emails and some people dontated money for this and some sent clothes. then for a short while I was involved with a church and so we started the packages there too, to my knowledge, at the church we gave out over a hundred packages, and the pastor was a very estatic person so no telling what he is doing now, maybe more. small drop that turned bigger and may still be going on to this day. another thing is instead of donating money you can hand out food, dont believe you can buy drugs with a granola bar.

had a friend one time who once gave ten dollars and told the that I am, thats enough to buy beer and a hamburger.

Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  3:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Never mind the system, the society or the indifference! One of the shortest and quickest way to get elevated in the spiritual path is "to give and do right" meaning Dhaana and Dharma. No matter where you are, you will get elevated. I know as an experience.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - May 18 2015 :  10:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Earlier, beggars got nothing from me. Now I give them a silent blessing at least, if I have no money to spare. A few months ago, my wife bought lunch for a cripple lying beside the road. I must learn to be generous like that.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000