Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Old spinal injury showing up?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  06:21:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Has anybody dealt with old spinal injury showing up during the journey?

I fell down behind while rock climbing and injured my coccyx in April 2011. The injury healed slowly over next two/three months with prescribed asanas and thing started to seem pretty normal, just subject to couple of restriction. And in the mean time I found this sangha and started AYP practices.

Since the last week, I am feeling the sacral chakra with various kinds of sensations. Some times it’s like heartbeat in my sacral bone, sometimes goose bumps, energy movements, and sometimes just increased awareness of the area (can’t explain it in a better way).

On the other hand, the earlier coccyx injury has reappeared recently. It is little below and quite close to the sacral chakra. However, something is very different about the pain this time. It comes with a stiff feeling around the whole waist area and the lower belly, legs seem weak and standing on them for sometime seems to get tough after a while. And the most noticeable change is that a mental restlessness comes with it and it feels like I am in an unsuitable place and need to go somewhere to feel some relief, and this happened in a very familiar place also, like my office cubicle.

However, this pain and the feeling are short lived, generally for one to two hours, but really get me shaken in that time. And I could not come up with any medical reason for the pain suddenly showing up after all these days. That’s why I think it may be something related to my practice, given that the injury is quite close to the point where I am getting those sensations recently. However, I am not so sure about it.

If anybody has such issues and share their experience and suggestions, it will be of great help.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  07:48:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have experienced old injuries reappear...

The one thing that I have noticed, but don't have any way of proving it is true, just an experience thing, but many of the injuries, although physical, happen during a phase when some kind of shift happens in our lives that has left an impression on us. Although the physical symptoms go away, when it's time to heal the block caused by the impression, the injury seems to reappear as physical symptoms. Maybe see around the time you injured your back, what else was going on in your life. At times it is impossible to tell, but at times it is very obvious. If you can see what it was, maybe do some inquiry on it.

Also, do self pace. Try getting a massage or work on consciously relaxing when there is stiffness. Maybe add some samyama type healing intent. I am sure you will get more practical tips, but just wanted to share what my experience has been.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  12:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti

That has been exactly the case!!! And it is pretty obvious to tell – I was going through an intense emotional state at that time. And pain or no pain, at times my mind goes about inquiring on what/why/what if about those days.

What you said, proof or no proof, resonates with me very well, and gives me feel that now I know better about what is going on. So now that I am mentally better equipped, I want to face it couple of more times before exercising self pacing, I have increased focus on grounding though.

Many thanks for sharing your experience; it has been of great help. Do you think that this is a process of cleansing the blockages accumulated during that stage?

When you say “samyama type healing intent” do you mean concentrating on /staying with the pain/area of pain and seek healing? I am trying this and it feels good.

Thanks and Love …
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  08:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Swan

Do you think that this is a process of cleansing the blockages accumulated during that stage?

Well, I dont know if the injury is only related to that one incident, or other stuff accumulates over it through years, or if it was already a weakened spot by things that were accumulated from the past and the stuff going on around the time of injury was the breaking point. All I have seen is, when an old injury reappears, it is something being released and something we need to look into .

Again speaking only from experience, with release comes a few things. When a release happens and we are not aware of it (dont have enough inner silence), the mind grabs it and makes more stories out of it (how unfair, why me?, how could I?, how could they?) and all of those stories add layers of more emotions to the block and instead of the block getting released, it re-forms or intensifies.

However, with practice, we become more aware, we have more access to stillness and from here, we can identify mind stories, see how the mind is making more emotions over a past incident. As we keep going, we learn to let these stories go.. as a result, we dont add layers to the already existing block... and over time the block gets released, releasing a lot of energy that was holding the block in place, thus relaxing the part of the body and in turn the physical symptoms are released too. This is not an overnight, one time process... it can take up to a year or more.. but we have to start at some point.

quote:
Originally posted by Swan

When you say “samyama type healing intent” do you mean concentrating on /staying with the pain/area of pain and seek healing? I am trying this and it feels good.

Well depending on where we are, we will deal with inquiry differently. See if you can identify the stories that come up with the painful memories of that phase. See if you can separate the emotions from the mind stories. Then release the mind story at the mind level by accepting what happened as what happened at that point and release the emotion into stillness (like samyama)... The emotions keep the block in place and the mind stories keep the emotions in place. (there are some other techniques I have written about here... you can look at the techniques in level 1 and level 2 and see what fits... not everyone can work with everything, we need to work at a level that makes sense to us depending on our level of inner silence).

The blocks are at many levels... and it is not always possible to let the emotions and stories go completely at the first pass. But it is a start. You will feel a release and it may not reappear for a while... till you are ready to let some more go.

External healing like reiki, acupuncture, acupressure, massage etc. can be helpful as well... but all those along with our inner work is required to let it go completely.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  08:11:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti,

I will watch out for mind stories. It is helpful to know that still possibilities are there to accumulate more blockage from past events. I really hope that I will be able to pass through this without adding more baggage. And thanks for the link, this looks excellent and I started going through the techniques.

I will try the samayama with the emotions coming up.

Hope you are having a great holiday merry Christmas!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000