Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Holding forever vs 24 hours difference?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  08:51:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Ey all,

Why does it matters if you hold semen for example 1 full week or letting it out and after 24 hours it build up inside the body again anyway?

and does semen really hold that much prana?

If you dont have any semen its harder to rise the kundalini? or nearly not possible?

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  11:38:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is said there are vessels in the body which store prana/qi, and various types of channels that circulate diferent forms of this energy. In Chinese medicine and most Taoist system, the body's pre-birth qi (original jing) is passed on from the parents during conception and the pre-natal conditions in which development takes place. Its quantity is fixed from birth and directly determines the state of all other forms of energy that make up both the structure and functioning of the body withiout which it cannot remain alive. It is also said that the quantity is always sufficient for any energetic work provided one protects it (brahmacharya).

Just because you may not feel the obvious depletion and the nearly endless ways the body adjusts to compensate as I do does not make one immune from its effects or somehow exempt from the advice endless accomplished teachers share.

How much prana any biochemical produced endogenously as well as the energy required to produce it in the first place amounts to is something we could either speculate on endlessly, or if we are so inclined follow the principles that lead to the sensitivity necessary to uncover it for ourselves (inner sensuality).

Lesson T75 should be helpful to answer the last question.
Go to Top of Page

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  2:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nice answer, shed lights on some questions I never had but still good and informative
What I still don't know is if semen hold so much prana and the same goes for the first question
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  12:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Take a look athttp://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=821#821 for more on that topic.
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  3:34:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ichigo

Why does it matters if you hold semen for example 1 full week or letting it out and after 24 hours it build up inside the body again anyway?

because..

quote:
does semen really hold that much prana?

..yes!

quote:
If you dont have any semen its harder to rise the kundalini? or nearly not possible?

for everyone it is different

for me it was kundalini first (too much zealous pranayam trying to 'make something happen') and AYP and tantra were later as i searched for ways to cope

now with tantra and the accumulation of sexual juices there is another dimension added.. outward is added to upward

every sperm is sacred
every sperm is great
if a sperm is wasted
god get quite irate

source: "Monty Python - Every Sperm Is Sacred"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DkqU-uWojc

for me it is best to keep meditating!
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  12:55:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I made a post about ejac frequency etc. in another thread:
www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=6068#54950

Just "rules of thumb", not "either follow the 10 Commandments or burn in he** :-))
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  3:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I look at it like a battery charge. When your battery is fully charged you are more alert, brighter eyes, more confidence, generally feel more vital and happy inside. With low battery charge you would feel a bit deflated, want to sleep more, less up for challenges etc. Without training most men feel this higher charge as tension or restlessness or sometimes aggression. With practice it becomes a deeper feeling of well being..to a point. That point is very personal. At one time in my life 2 weeks was the point where it became uncomfortable and I needed to let that energy go. That was many years ago. Now it is about 3 months or so. Why go longer times? Well, every time I ejaculate I need about a week to recharge to that level of well being. If I am always recharging then I never get there.If I get fully charged after a week and then immediately discharge then I don't get to enjoy the benefits for very long, its nice to be able to plateau at a full charge for awhile and it very much is what feels "normal" to me now. I may be unusual or feel it more than most but that is my experience. It is not abstract or theoretical, but the pleasure that I get from ejaculating may last a few minutes, but the deeper strength that I feel from going longer times without far outweighs that. I see it a bit like pranayama, though instead of holding your breath for 30 seconds you are holding your sexual charge for a week, a month, etc. Eventually you will have to exhale or ejaculate and you don't want to hold until it becomes a crisis. You find your personal cycle and gently may stretch it and when you let it go, enjoy it fully. Enjoy the relaxation that comes with release, have a nice nap, a cuddle, a snack, whatever feels good, and then the cycle begins again...
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  4:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i like that explanation...thank you Victor
Go to Top of Page

Louie

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  09:59:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am in the process of trying to re-train my nervous system to keep that beautiful energy inside longer. When I first started tantra a few months ago I could not go more than 3-5 days without feeling like the energy was going to drive me nuts. That was because I had an addiction to frequent ejaculation and an immature nervous system.

I recently went 15 days without ejaculating, which is the longest I have ever gone. On the last day I could tell that I had a build up of fluids and it was going to come out one way or another (perhaps in my sleep) so I just went ahead and let it go. I am hoping that the body will adjust and start producing less of the stuff as I go so that I can stretch things out further and further.

That was about two days ago, and since then I have felt very tired and disinterested in the world. I am going to keep track and see how long it takes me to get back to the feeling of wonderful vitality that I had right before the ejaculation.

One thing I can say for sure, the ejaculation was not worth these past two days of fatigue. If there had not been a biological need to release fluids I would have kept going. However, I am sure that my body and I will get this sorted out so that we can go three months without needing to release. It is a process of reconditioning.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  6:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like you are on the right track, Louie. The process takes years so don't expect to go months at a time without some pretty frustrating experiences for quite awhile. In Ayurvedic medicine they talk about a cycle of body fluids or Dhatus. They say that the cycle for semen is 35 days, so if you can go that far then your cycle is complete. You can go for longer and that will let you maintain steady levels but certainly do not feel bad if that is too difficult. Also, in my personal experience (and this may be very different for others) when I do let it go I like to empty completely, even if that means 2 or 3 times in aday or two. Otherwise I seem to have a lingering irritation that makes it difficult to relax into the recharge phase. Your age is also a big factor. When I started learning this I was in my early 20s and 2 weeks felt like a long time. Now 30 years later 3 months does not feel excessively long but as a single man I do miss the other joys that come with having a partner, so am open to reawakening my sexuality (tantrically) should the opportunity arise. I also have found that for myself going for longer periods is easier if I don't have a partner as I am not as frequently stimulated so can relax more easily into a celibate phase.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000