Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 finding teacher
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  1:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Any suggestions on how to find a teacher; I'm sick of books and generalizations? I heard for years 'when the student is ready' stuff but frankly it's getting old. I just feel down lately, like I'm getting nowhere. I don't know. Sorry to sound so annoying.
Thanks,
L

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  1:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lmaher

quote:
I'm getting nowhere

Can you verbalize exactly where you want to go?

Love!

P.S. I wasn't meaning the above question in the "non-dual" sense.... I'm just asking you to see if you can define exactly what you think you should be getting from your practices that you aren't.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  2:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
With or without a teacher or a sangha that's located somewhere, I believe it all still relies on our own personal initiative as many real teachers remind us. Have you tried some inquiring into the source of 'feeling down'? I ask because to me whenever that happens, I get a sense of bhakti to press on and not spend another minute idle in 'mind stuff.' Just a thought, maybe it helps. For an external guru, I guess keep asking around and maybe some people might know someone that suits you
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  4:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Since you live in the U.S. I'd suggest you go see either Adyashanti or Francis Lucille. Go meet them and others in person and see whom is it the teacher who resonates with you the most.

Good luck my friend...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000