Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Head movements during meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

uplifted

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  4:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi I hope this is the right place to post my question below.

So glad to be part of the forum. Actually, what got me here is that I have been having some 'unusual' experiences and was wondering if anyone could shed some light with regards to it. So here goes: whenever I meditate -- I do breathing in awareness to still my thoughts, feelings and emotions -- I experience slow head movements: from right to left or clockwise or front to back or my head bows towards my chest etc. you get the idea. It is a very soothing and 'silent' and calm experience. My question is: does anyone know what these movements mean? They happen every single time and sometimes even when I am not meditating -- but everytime it happens it's like everything stands still within me and I have no thoughts or anything going through me -- I am absolutely clear and feel an absolute 'purity'. Simply some very slow, soothing yet deeply profound movement. Your perspective would be much appreciated. Thank you.

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  5:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for sharing.

uplifted: Welcome! Going by the lessons, it sounds like an automatic yoga, more specifically dynamic jalandhara as found in advanced form of yoni mudra. One guess as to what it could mean is you have some energetic conductivity that seeks to amplify itself through these movements. More on automatic yogas in lesson 210 and on energetic conductivity in lesson 409. You will often come across the advice in ayp to easily favor the baseline practices over their effects and symptoms of purification, including what does or does not happen during sitting practice.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  8:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP Forum, uplifted!

Thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  04:53:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Uplifted!
Welcome to the forums.
Automatic movements are nothing to be worried about. It is just energetic purification of nadis/ channels.
Adding asanas to your routine may help.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  05:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Uplifted

In the following link, there are some discussion about head movement that you may find interesting:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=10344

Love
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  05:57:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
few days back my neck suddenly turned up left.. twice during sitting practices
real fun
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000