AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 analyzing heaven
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  05:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I opened the book, Jonathan Livingston Seagull, written by Richard Bach, and found this quotation that so resembled my own experience in the early morning of Saturday, January 14, 1995, that I wrote it down on a piece of paper. I put the quotation of the fridge for a while, then threw it in a box. Recently I found it again. Here it is.

"So this is heaven, he thought, and he had to smile at himself. It was hardly respectful to analyze heaven in the very moment that one flies up to enter it."

The quotation fits so well with my moment of conscious soul-ascent away from the material body: the smiling to oneself, the sense of entering the after-life, the attempt to give the "place" a name, the detailed attention to a given moment in time, the feeling of "flight up." I have not forgotten that moment, nor lost the joy of remembering it.

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  06:19:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love that book - you've just inspired me to re-read it ... beautiful quotation, Bewell - thanks
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  6:49:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanx for sharing Bewell.you & Amoux tempted me to read the book too .Beautiful!I greatly enjoyed it!

Edited by - Delara on Oct 22 2011 7:03:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  03:42:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000