Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 yogi book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  5:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone read Autobiography of a Yogi lately? Extremely good stuff and how radical it must have been for 1946!

jupiter

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  12:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit jupiter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Autobiography of a Yogi (AY) continues to be one of the most inspiring and mind-expanding books I have read. And it has been about 25 years since I first read it.

I have only in recent years been recognizing how impactful this book has been on the spiritual community at large. There are so many authors who have cited this book as a source of significant influence in their lives.

As I look deeper into this book, I realize that its impact can be traced beyond mere words into the very vibrations that are embedded in between the words. The author has sure packed in blessings and high vibrations along with enduring insights and consciousness expanding truths into this potent book.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  01:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it is an amazing book about so many amazing Gurus....Yogananda founded the Self Realization Fellowship (SRF) in the USA

http://www.yogananda-srf.org/

you can check their website ...but off course do not mix ayp with SRF practices
lately i have been listening to some kirtan chanted by SRF monks and it is so strong...i experience some scenery like goose bumps and itching at my jnana chakra
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  6:40:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both,
L.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000