Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Energetic point outside of the body?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neutrino

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  6:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, recently I've been discovering something interesting in drawing awareness to a point outside of the body - roughly projecting 12 inches in front of the ajna point, but higher up by a few inches.

I remember one of my teachers giving a meditation where attention is drawn to this point while curling the tongue back to the soft palate. I think it was supposed to do something with the pineal gland.

Now though, what I find is that there are certain symbols/yantras which affect my subtle energy just by their 'sitting' in that spot. And that it isn't a concentration meditation - it's nicer because I just have to 'place' the symbol there and it draws my awareness without much effort at all.

I've been doing spinal breathing and DM for a few months, and I believe Yogani mentions in the SBP book that the spinal nerve actually continues out from the body beyond the ajna. So I'm interested to find out more about where/why/what - either from an AYP point of view, or other stuff that anyone might be able to share.

thanks

P.S. I know this would count as a 'distraction' - it's not something I do during either SBP or DM, but still, I'm just curious....

Edited by - Neutrino on Sep 12 2011 6:57:40 PM

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  8:23:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The physical body you observe, does it end where the air starts? Only if you want to define it that way.

Some increased 6. chakra activity may show that it is one big body of life. And the astral nadis within the "small" body go out of it and touch and melt with the "big" universal body.

PS ;) As long as you continue with your practice, no worry about distraction or no distraction. Whatever whatever will turn into what is ever.
Go to Top of Page

Neutrino

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  5:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, I have felt how the various bodies are not confined to the physical and am beginning to go into those areas, for no particular reason. I suppose my interest in this point and this exercise in particular is whether there might be some more info on it somewhere?

I find the added conceptual knowledge helps me to refine and consolidate the sense of it. Just the way I work, maybe I like to feel permission to go explore.....!

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  7:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is natural in the beginning stages of practice. First comes the mind stuff and later the mind is emptied without worry =P So the whole reading is to become sure, okay, all can be washed out :D

The best book sources I found back then where from C.W. Leadbeater and Arthur E. Powell.

Maitreya Ishwara also speaks about the seven bodies in his book unity which is for free on his site.

There might be other newer sources today, also on the web, but back then not much was found.

Go on exploring, fill the general info to max, then fill the practical info to max, then see how the practical info first dissolves the general and then itself too when applied =)

Enjoy ;)
Go to Top of Page

Neutrino

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  7:10:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, not had much contact with Theosophical stuff except for Krishnamurti and some Alice Bailey, which does contain a wealth of info, but actually too much for me! I had a look at the Ishwara site, quite interesting.

Thankyou ;-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000