Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Involuntary movements in DM resolved.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2011 :  10:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
dear all,

I had some experience with involuntary movements in DM and would like to share with you, thought it might be useful to somebody going through a similar phase, it'd be great to know that some of you had this kind of experience, too:)

I have been having involuntary movements, or automatic yoga in meditation for several months by now. It was mostly movement of spine, especially neck. In the last couple of months, the pattern is naturally forming a chin lock and then gets into a quasi-kumbhaka state (not sure if breath completely stopped or not). Then, whenever there’s detectible breath, the lock loosed up and the spine straightened a bit.

I usually took this as automatic yoga and didn’t do anything to it. But yesterday and the day before, I watched Michael Brown videos again, specially the new one on one session. I followed it roughly to bring up unresolved core issues in my life. I brought up shame and sit with the feeling of it for a while. This has reminded me of this unresolved feeling still came up every now and then in life: while I was biking or walking or being idle, the feeling of shame and the occasion with it would briefly came up. I could notice it right afterward, but in that one second I lost my awareness. I lost myself to it. And whenever this happened, when I lost my awareness in the emotion of shame, I would usually do some involuntary movements, movements that dressed up like art, like a dance movement, or a singing of some irrelevant songs, but totally involuntary. Being able to immediately aware of it couldn’t change it. It still happened.

So I tried Brown’s method, I brought this unpleasant emotions up. Just being with it without conditions, no judgement, no welcome no resistence, no tempts to manipulate or sedate, or any purpose to it. Just watch it and listen to the “melody of discomfort.” And pay attention to where it is in the body. Then, it worked. Simply being with the emotion gives it the chance to organically grow and resolve itself. I could feel the energy triggered by this emotion being gradually resolved. I could feel it started from the heart/stomach region, traveled in me and up to the head to become a light headache. I knew it was unintegrated emotions, or energy blocks, resolving.

After this, it dawned on me that the involuntary movements in meditation might had been energy bump into a block, blocks formed by unintegrated, unwanted emotions lodged deeply inside. Because whenever there is an involuntary movements, I temporarily lost my awareness. This is OK with ayp DM, but my intuition told me I could go beyond it to deeper realms.

In the meditation session that evening, I released into inner silence the instruction to go beyond the involuntary movements. And indeed most of the involuntary movements were gone and I was in a much more continuous awareness state, and I felt I was going deeper. This evening, I almost had no involuntary movements, and there I felt was a space of deeper level in my being opened and the energy could and did go there. So the blocks dissappered, or the energy did not bump into it and bounce back to create the movements at least. The mantra could be gradually to go much deeper and much more refined in a much longer continuous repetition, with any forcing, it seemed it the awareness could just sink down when the blocks dissolved. I had a very good session without overloadking, actually I felt very good afterwards.

love,

Phil (both love and feel:0)

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2011 :  11:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks for the sharing Phil, very helpful and appreciated.

Love and Light,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  08:11:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Phil.
Thanks for sharing.
Yes, the automatic movements are cause by blocks and what you have talked about here is really helpful.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  12:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Steve,Glad it could be of a little help:)
And here is the video of Michael Brown, with whom I resonate so much:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kyo...ture=related
ps, to avoid overload, I did not do his formal presence process, but just used his guidance in watching feelings, let them resolve by themselves, and digesting them as vibrational nutrition.

Hi Shanti, like your Greeeen smiiiiile:D
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  12:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Phil,

I came across Michael Brown's books, 'The Presence Process' and 'Alchemy of the Heart' a couple of years ago. I too was drawn to his writings and guidance. I was not aware of the youtube links and appreciate your sharing them. I look forward to listening to them. Thanks much.

Love and Light,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  3:11:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Steve, glad you resonate with him, too.
I actually bought a video called "Finding God through intimacy". I can find a way to share it with you if you'd like to:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000