Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 more meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  7:47:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I would not disagree with anything Yogani says because of his immense wisdom and kindness. But if I feel the need to meditate more than 1/2 hour twice a day and feel no bad side effects, would that be okay? Like the Zennies do.

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  8:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello

Well theres only one way to find out. Try it!

The difference with the Zennies is that they don't use a mantra (I think), they count breaths, so maybe they can do more of it. I used to meditate like that for an hour and didn't have any problems.

However, using a mantra could be different for you: for me using the mantra for 20 mins is just right. Otherwise I get a right stonking headache.
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  8:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lmaher22, do you practice Spinal Breathing as well and for how long...?

Edited by - yogesh on Aug 24 2011 9:34:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  9:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yep, I do the spinal breathing too. It helps. But I did so much Zen breath counting prior to AYP it just comes back to me naturally.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  12:40:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I understand you want to do more and make progress. I would suggest adding more practices than doing same practices for longer time.

Go through the main AYP lessons and add the next practice after what you are doing. Self-Pace and if you do well then add the next practice. Like that.

I tried doing extra meditation sessions in a day but in few days I can feel the overload. Still on some saturdays I add an extra session after my morning's session.

- Near

Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  07:20:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Something powerful like Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka might keep your bhakti at bay. And it would be better than increasing meditation time; just thinking about it is bringing on a headache.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000