Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Thrice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  11:02:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste my AYP brothers and sisters

Just wanted to quickly share a video and the lyrics to a song from an album that I have recently revisited and has been quite inspiring for me. Many of you know that I used to play in a "hardcore(ish)" band for many years and am inclined towards enjoying "heavy" music, so this is more or less in that genre/vein... but none-the-less this band is appearing more and more "awake" then I had ever noticed before. I have hung out on the tour bus with the guys from Thrice (many years ago) after one of the many Warped Tours shows and they seemed very nice and polite but not particularly spiritually inclined. But that was also many years ago and a lot has changed for me (and the entire world) since then so perhaps I just wasn't interested in seeing what was in front of me... who knows.

Anyway, just wanted to share the first song off of Thrice's "Alchemy Index Volume 1 'Fire'" disc. (They put out a 4 disc album [released as 2 double discs] "Fire" "Water" "Earth" and "Air" were the sub-titles under the main title "Alchemy Index Volumes 1-4.")

Here is a link to a youtube video (not an official Thrice video) for the song "Firebreather."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omebsUPAfDQ
The video includes the lyrics, but I will write them out here as well (mostly for those who can't handle listening to the song in order to hear/read the lyrics in the video)

Firebreather

Tell me, are you free
in word or thought or deed,
While the gallows stand,
and bullets lance the bravest lungs?
We fold our hands and hold our tongues.
Tell me, are you free
when the fear falls on you?
Will I fold my hands or hold my tongue?
Or let the flames lick at my feet,
and breathe in fire and know I'm free.
The flames will rise and devour me.
Oh to breathe in fire and know I'm free.

Also, here is a link to the "Google Images" search for "Thrice Alchemy Index"... the artwork for the albums is really great.
http://www.google.com/search?q=Thri...1024&bih=616

Hope someone out there in AYPLand enjoys.

Love!

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  1:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. Awakening the inner dragon. Hmmm...I think I'll write a poem to follow this image.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  2:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Did not think I would like it, but I really do.
It's not as heavy as I thought it would be.

Wow.. the energy is amazing.... the lyrics and the music ... all really well put together.

The cover is the Sri Yantra right? http://www.aypsite.org/sriyantra.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000