Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 what is the meaning of "mind of God"?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  1:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I had a conscious dream some years ago in which I was told that "The greatest power of us human beings resides in the hands of man and the mind of God". Since then I have been pondering this, and in my kundalini yoga/meditation I have been using my hands more and more.

I'm wondering, do any of you have ideas about what the "mind of God" is? I thought it could be the "God force", or the "Tao"(uncarved block/origin of life), or the "superconscious mind" (ref: Edgar Cayce). I'm interested in understanding this more so any comments, ideas, or links to related material will be appreciated.

(I'm not sure if this forum is the right place for this question; if there is a better forum/place then let me know.)

Edited by - Godslave on Aug 10 2011 1:58:14 PM

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  2:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the way that i understand it is similar to the Bhagavad Gita.....man has to do his duties at the same his mind is centered in the Self who is the real doer
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  3:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I though of the words from the Bible that says "God is love". So I was wondering if the mind of God is the mind of love, aka the energy of love which one can expand from the heart chakra.
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  4:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Who can really know the 'Mind of God?' Perhaps its what you feel most called to? If that's Love, I think that is a beautiful place to start...
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  4:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What I feel called to is something like energy healing, or the energy side of life ... that same dream said that my calling is "the other side" which I find mysterious and intriguing...

Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  4:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thats beautiful, it will be interesting to see what life has in store for you...
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  8:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by faileforever

Thats beautiful, it will be interesting to see what life has in store for you...

Thanks I do know that it will be good, in part because in the dream I was also told "You are destined to fall in love with life".
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  8:52:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is very simple; to use your hands to carry out God's will. It's the same as following your inner guru.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  02:30:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
like Ether said...using your hands to carry out God 's will ....this can only come from Love
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  09:31:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like that ... "carry out God's will". In the same dream I was told the following: "You are the detonation core; need we say any more?" and in a different dream I was referred to as "North America's agent-person". Any ideas about these quotes?
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  3:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dreams are always best interpreted by the person who had them.

Peace & Love.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  04:29:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Godslave
I had a conscious dream some years ago...

There is an anecdote about the Zen monk, Bokoju. One morning he woke up and immediately called his chief disciple, telling him, "Listen, I have had a dream. Can you analyze it for me?"

The disciple said, "Wait! I will bring a little water. First wash your face."

He brought a pot full of water and helped the master wash his face and hands. While he was doing that another disciple was passing by. The master said, "Listen, I had this dream. Will you analyze it for me?"

He said, "Just wait... it is better I bring a cup of tea for you" -- and he brought him a cup of tea.

The master had a good belly laugh. He said, "If you had analyzed my dream I would have beaten you and thrown you out!"

~The Mahageeta - Osho

Dreams, no matter how meaningful they appear, are tricks of Ego to fool you and keep you busy in interpreting stuff that would never make a perfect sense of reality.

So whenever you have such beautiful dreams, wash your face with cold water, drink some tea... and meditate.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  08:02:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can analyze your own dreams, but in the end you will find that you already know what they mean. The dream has to be analyzed immediately after you have it. Think about everything that has been going on in your life. Usually you have been working on one particular spiritual lesson, and your mind has a certain reaction to that lesson.
Maybe it is afraid of a possible outcome, or some other reaction. When you examine all your emotions at the time of the dream, and for the next day or two, you will find the meaning of the dream. It is usually a bizarre expression of feelings you are having about what is happening in your life.
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  09:32:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the responses about the dream. I do have an idea of what it meant to me which I keep always to myself because it seems impossible/improbable to me. But I wanted to see what responses I might receive here

For a long time I kept a dream journal and would write dreams down when I was still waking up. When writing I would include what I thought it meant to me. This helped my personal development a lot because from my dreams I learned things that I needed to respond to in waking life, like bad habits or unresolved stresses.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  7:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes writing down the dream when you first wake up is very good. A lot of people don't think they have dreams because they are forgotten so quickly.
I should start doing that again. It gives us another perspective on our lives. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  01:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Godslave
I'm wondering, do any of you have ideas about what the "mind of God" is?

If God is an ocean then we are its tiny waves.

God's mind is the mind of the Ocean but each wave on it has its own mind too.

Now consider a small wave linking/merging its mind with the mind of the Ocean.

Can you do it?

Do you have the capacity (being a tiny wave) to control something that the Ocean controls?

Do you have the strength to hold such power? Can you look at someone as if God was looking through you? Can you live in this world as if it was not you, but God itself.

Kabir has written:

HERAT HERAT HEY SAKHI RAHYA KABIR HERAYI
BUNDA SAMANI SAMUNDA MEN SO KAT HERI JAYI.

"Oh friend! Seeking and searching, Kabir was gradually lost. The drop has fallen in the ocean, how can the drop be sought out?"

But Kabir afterwards changed the lines of the song, cancelling the previous ones, and said, "That was a mistake committed because of haste. The experience was new. I could not quite understand what had happened. Out of the old habit I saw things the wrong way around." Then he wrote the verse differently,

HERAT HERAT HEY SAKHI RAHYA KABIR HERAYI
SAMUNDA SAMANA BUNDA MEN SO KAT HERA JAYI.

"Oh friend, seeking and searching, Kabir was gradually lost. The ocean has fallen into the drop, how can the drop be sought out?

"The ocean has descended into the drop. Had it been the drop that had fallen into the ocean perhaps somehow I would have sought it out, but just the opposite has happened: it is the whole ocean that has fallen into the drop. Now even if I want to I would not know where to look for this drop. Now this drop cannot be found."

The mediums that have enabled us to know all that we have known in the world become useless in knowing what happens in the moment of samadhi. We ourselves become useless. Our very existence gets shattered. Some bigger existence, which has no limits, bursts forth on us -- suddenly. We die in the process.

Samadhi is the ultimate death, bigger than the physical death; because in the physical death only the body dies, the mind survives, whereas in samadhi the mind dies. For the first time our entire relationship with the mind breaks; for the first time all the connecting strings of the mind snap, making us separate. And our whole knowledge was of the mind.

Whosoever enters the door to samadhi is suddenly totally ignorant. There is no way there for knowing anything, no system for knowing anything, no means for knowing anything, just the pure knowing remains. It is very difficult to give any information after coming back. Who is there to give information? Who is there to bring the news? But the information has been given.

The Soul's Thirst
http://balbro.com/heart/beat11.htm

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000