Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 The Architect
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  01:33:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'll be sharing some quotes, stories and lyrics in this thread. These will be streamlined so that every quote connects with the previous.

Here we go:

Whatever we learn, we learn from others.
Whatever we share, was also taken from others.

What exactly do we bring with us that we can really call ours?
What do we really create that we can really call our own creation?

What is yours today, was someone else's yesterday, will be someone else's tomorrow.

Change is the law of the universe.

~Geeta Saar [Lord Krishna]

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  01:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Change is the law of the universe.

At the heart of this phenomenal world,
Within all its changing forms,
Dwells the unchanging Lord.

So, go beyond the changing,
And, enjoying the inner,
Cease to take for yourself
what to others are riches.

Continuing to act in the world,
one may aspire to be one hundred.
Thus, and only thus, can a man be free
from the binding influence of action.

Unillumined indeed are those worlds clouded
by the blinding darkness of ignorance.
Into this death sink all those who slay the Self.

~Isha Upanishad

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  02:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
welcome back manigma
today i just received this similar quote:
We are trying to find out if there is, or is not, a permanent state, not what we would like, but the actual fact, the truth of the matter. Everything about us, within as well as without -our relationships, our thoughts, our feelings- is impermanent, in a constant state of flux. Being aware of this, the mind craves permanency, a perpetual state of peace, of love, of goodness, a security that neither time nor events can destroy; therefore it creates the soul, the Atman, and the visions of a permanent paradise. But this permanency is born of impermanency, and so it has within it the seeds of the impermanent. There is only one fact: impermanence. - Jiddu Krishnamurti, The Book of Life
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  08:30:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

welcome back manigma
today i just received this similar quote:
We are trying to find out if there is, or is not, a permanent state, not what we would like, but the actual fact, the truth of the matter. Everything about us, within as well as without -our relationships, our thoughts, our feelings- is impermanent, in a constant state of flux. Being aware of this, the mind craves permanency, a perpetual state of peace, of love, of goodness, a security that neither time nor events can destroy; therefore it creates the soul, the Atman, and the visions of a permanent paradise. But this permanency is born of impermanency, and so it has within it the seeds of the impermanent. There is only one fact: impermanence. - Jiddu Krishnamurti, The Book of Life

Hello Maheswari

That is a profound statement by Jiddu. But I can't agree with it. The Mind and Soul are one. And they do not desire anything.

Permanace and impermanence do not exist in reality.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  12:19:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well said manigma
but this goes against your first post in this particular thread

or am i missing out something here?
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  1:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

well said manigma
but this goes against your first post in this particular thread

or am i missing out something here?

AUM ?

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  1:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  01:20:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma
Into this death sink all those who slay the Self.

Ego nurtures on a life fashioned with personal dreams and desires. Living such life is as good as being dead. As long as we live a life like this, blinded by darkness of ignorance, ego will continue to persist.

The nature is merely the source, the womb. We ourselves are responsible for coming into this world again and again. The nature gives birth to body, the body is driven with the power of Soul. But ego fashions the body. It fashions it with a separate individual personality which creates the various desires that lead to possessing of a new body.

The desire to do this or that, to achieve this or that, to become this or that -- acts like a seed.

Just like the last thought, before falling asleep at night, becomes the first on waking up in the morning. All night long while we remain asleep, the thought stays within us in a seed form. The moment we wake up in the morning, that last thought before we fell asleep, becomes the first. The same thing happens whenever we recover from a long sickness. We start doing things exactly where we left off before we fell sick. Similarly, at the moment of our death, all our desires come together and become a seed. That very seed will consequently be the new life in the womb. We start fresh from where we left off.

As long as the Ego survives, we will go on taking births and wandering in different bodies. Imprisoning the Self, the ever free Soul, the pure conscious mind in a body illusioned by desires of ego.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  01:32:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
illusioned by desires of ego.

"Any knowledge -- whether learned from somebody or borrowed from somewhere -- is the cause of bondage. Hence, drop all that which you have acquired from others. Go in search of that which you have received from no one. Set out in search of the face that is authentically yours. There is a spring of consciousness hidden within you, which no one has given to you. It is your very own nature, your own treasure, your very soul.

As soon the feeling intensifies within to overcome our unconsciousness, as soon we begin the effort to get out of this prison of ego, we start becoming one with our Soul, with God. In fact, we are already one with God. We are That -- a stream of the same ocean, a ray of the same sun, a tiny part of the same vast sky. Once we begin to remember this and the prison walls begin to crumble, we become one with the infinite space.

But a very intense effort is needed. The sleep is very deep. Only a consistent hammering will be able to break it. So being lazy won't help. You may destroy the sleep today but create a new one tomorrow. This way you will continue to wander from one birth to another. It would not do any good if you broke the sleep on the one hand and went on creating anew on the other -- all your effort will be in vain. So you must make an all out effort.

People say, "We make the effort but nothing happens." They think it to be unjust.

No injustice ever takes place in this universe. Whatsoever happens is always just and right, for there is no human being sitting up there doing either justice or injustice. The universe is ruled by certain laws. If you walk around scatterbrained, you are bound to fall and break your leg. When you walk straight it guards you from falling; when you don't, it brings you down. The gravity has no vested interest of its own either to see you fall down, or saving you from falling.

The universal law is always neutral. The Hindus call it 'rit'. It shows no favoritism -- making someone fall, lifting someone else -- nothing of the sort. When you walk correctly, the law protects you; when you wish to fall down, it helps you to fall. The law is always available. You can use it however you like, its doors are always open to you. If you want to hit your head against the closed door, it will not stop you. If you want to walk through the door, it will let you. The law is absolutely neutral.

A great effort is needed. An intense effort. An effort that would require you to involve your total being.

And if you have made the right effort, if you have harnessed your total energy into searching the truth, God, or soul, then the circuit of your energy becomes complete. Right now it is not a whole -- it is torn and split."

~Osho

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  12:51:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
torn and split

Memory's so treacherous. One moment you're lost in a carnival of delights, with poignant childhood aromas, the flashing neon of puberty, all that sentimental candyfloss... the next, it leads you somewhere you don't want to go... somewhere dark and cold, filled with damp, ambiguous shapes of things you'd hoped were forgotten.

Memories can be vile, repulsive, little brutes. Like children I suppose haha.

But can we live without them? Memories are what our reason is based upon. If we can't face them, we deny reason itself! Although, why not? We aren't contractually tied down to rationality!

There is no sanity clause!

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there's always madness.

Madness is the emergency exit...

You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.

~Joker [Batman - The Killing Joke]

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  02:52:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Madness is the emergency exit...

Q: This constant repetition of a few words, is it not a kind of madness?

M: It is madness, but it is a deliberate madness. All repetitiveness is tamas (inertia / ignorance), but repeating the name of God is sattva-tamas due to its high purpose. Because of the presence of sattva (purity / harmony), the tamas will wear out and will take the shape of complete dispassion, detachment, relinquishment, aloofness, immutability. Tamas becomes the firm foundation on which an integrated life can be lived.

Q: The immutable -- does it die?

M: It is changing that dies. The immutable neither lives nor dies; it is the timeless witness of life and death. You cannot call it dead, for it is aware. Nor can you call it alive, for it does not change.

~ Nisargadatta [I Am That]

To awake... one must first sleep. But how can someone awake who never slept in the first place?

The ego is nothing but a natural self defence of the mind to prevent the soul from going into oblivion.

Its a good madness that every human mind naturally adapts once the society begins to condition it. When it starts giving you a name, a character, a personality, the dreams and goals. The mind can not handle such atrocity and in defence creates ego. An imaginary world over the real.. like projecting a snake on a rope.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  04:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The ego is nothing but a natural self defence of the mind to prevent the soul from going into oblivion

nice ...i want to go into oblivion
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  05:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
The ego is nothing but a natural self defence of the mind to prevent the soul from going into oblivion

nice ...i want to go into oblivion

Why?

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  12:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i want my little i to go into oblivion...so i can be aware of my I
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  12:58:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

i want my little i to go into oblivion...so i can be aware of my I

The little 'i' can't go anywhere because it does not exist in the first place.

From ignorance of the rope a snake appears, from knowing the rope it does not appear. ~ Ashtavakra

Be still, know.

Be still, dance.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  02:48:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
From ignorance of the rope a snake appears, from knowing the rope it does not appear. ~ Ashtavakra

When the person realises its non-existence in separation from the witness, and the witness sees the person as his own expression, then the peace and silence of the Supreme state come into being. In reality, the three are one: the witness and the Supreme are inseparable, while the person is the sensing-feeling-thinking process, based on the body made of and fed by the five elements. A bundle of memories and mental habits attract attention, awareness gets focalised and a person suddenly appears.

The person is merely a projection on the body-mind of the inner self (witness), which again is only an expression of the Supreme Self which is all and none.

It is the power behind the witness, the source from which all flows. It cannot be contacted, unless there is unity and love and mutual help between the person and the witness, unless the doing is in harmony with the being and the knowing.

*The state of unity and harmony between the person and the witness is called Samadhi.*

The Supreme makes everything known, but itself remaining unknown. The known -- the world is infinite, but the Unknown is an infinitude of infinities. The fundamental reality is beyond the person, beyond witness, beyond awareness -- beyond the three states of becoming, being and not-being.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  03:05:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Q: Must I see the world to see God?
M: How else? No world, no God.

Q: What remains?
M: You remain as pure being.

Q: And what becomes of the world and of God?
M: Pure being.

"You are my dream and I am yours." ~ The Architect

Edited by - manigma on Aug 27 2011 04:10:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  05:09:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From these heights I can see the whole existence as a play, as celebration, without any reason or rhyme, without any meaning. Yes, that's what I would like you to know too. People celebrate Christmas, Eid, Diwali; they should celebrate all the year round. To celebrate only once in a while simply shows that your life is not a life of celebration, it is not a joy.

You have forgotten -- no, you are unconscious of -- the fact that life is supreme bliss, one long celebration; and if you are unhappy it is because of some error of your own.

From all sides existence is a celebration. The whole existence, except man, is always celebrating. It is always a dance, a song. It is always alleluia! -- an unending celebration, a festival.

~ Osho

Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  07:29:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gratitude. Keep going!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000