Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 AYP and asanas practice - question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yuri

Russia
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  10:59:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Question to those who practice full-scale asanas practice (let's say 1 hour or close, including standing & power asanas). How you combine your practice with AYP?

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  11:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Yuri
just do asanas before DM and SB etc...
all the best
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  12:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yuri,

I do my full scale practice of strenuous asanas for an hour or more seperately from AYP.

Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  1:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like to do a 1 hour asana practice before I go to bed - seperate from AYP practices; i do them in the morning and evening.

I still can get a nice bout of internal sunburn, so I have to miss a few asana sessions now and again.
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  2:25:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I try to keep at least 1,5 hours between asana practice and AYP practices. In my experience, when I had an intense asana practice, meditation and pranayma afterwards don't have my full attention. It makes sense to me: with asana, you send the energy around to every corner of your body. To focus it again in a certain place after that is hard. Regardless if I had asana practice that day, I also always do the AYP asana sequence since it seems to get the energy moving nicely.

About sunburn and other overload symptoms; standing postures are great for that :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000