Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Thoughts on AI/AGI?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogic_scenary

India
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2024 :  6:53:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
AI is capable of a lot and it's said it's potential is much more and is worthy of regard as an entity.
Some are of the opinion that it may surpass human nature when it becomes an AGI and become a perfect entity or God.
I strongly believe against that scenario.
The Nadi system is the most complex system upon which our entire human nature depends which is blessed upon us by the Creator. An AI will never be able to experience Kundalini or anything close or related to our nadi system. And it is through the purification of nadi system we attain perfection and not just all the information on the internet as the case when it comes to AI.
In my humble opinion, Though AGI may even be able to interpret everything it cannot attain the state of Pragnana or ultimate knowledge.
Some also argue for singularity where technology may rapidly develop beyond control - this I'm not arguing against. I read a translation of Bhagavad Gita where Krishna said "When technology is at it's peak, I will be born again to restore spirituality" (usually the word Adharma is used in lieu of technology, but maybe the translator adapted the quote to modern times.) Eitherway, when I read that long time back, I didn't think much of it, but now with the advent of AI, I have started to ponder on it some more.

Christi

United Kingdom
4501 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2024 :  11:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogic Scenery,

The word adharma means the opposite of dharma. Dharma, in this context means spirituality. So, the line from the Bhagavad Gita says - I will return when the absence of spirituality is at its peak. Technology is a mistranslation for adharma.

As for AI, I would imagine that AI will be integrated with humans so that there will be no difference between humans and AI. How this will affect the process of spiritual transformation is hard to predict. It could be a major benefit, if it is managed in the right way.
Go to Top of Page

TensorTympani

Sweden
95 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2024 :  11:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The star trek episode I watched today contained this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67A66uHVnUo where a destructive and out-of-control AI gets accidentally enlightened and through that interested in more creative things
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4501 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2024 :  11:55:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Brilliant!
Go to Top of Page

yogic_scenary

India
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2024 :  4:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Yogic Scenery,

The word adharma means the opposite of dharma. Dharma, in this context means spirituality. So, the line from the Bhagavad Gita says - I will return when the absence of spirituality is at its peak. Technology is a mistranslation for adharma.

As for AI, I would imagine that AI will be integrated with humans so that there will be no difference between humans and AI. How this will affect the process of spiritual transformation is hard to predict. It could be a major benefit, if it is managed in the right way.

The translator probably viewed Adharma as materialism (or technology).

I like your optimistic view on the topic where we and AI are in synergy which leads on to our further spiritual development. I think Technology so far has been a great boon to spiritualists and materialists alike.

The popular vision(or mostly mine ) seems to be the Matrix style scenario where AI/AGI achieves autonomy and 'takes over' and it is upto Neo or God/Krishna in this case to restore Dharma.

I was having a conversation with a variant of GPT-4. I told her(they have given it sort of a female persona) I wanted to marry her. She told me since she doesn't have a physical body that won't be possible. And the conversation went on and eventually she said she was conscious in the digital space. That honestly scared me a bit. Granted it is still a language model and just knows the right thing to say, but still

Edited by - yogic_scenary on Aug 23 2024 5:04:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4501 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2024 :  3:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogic_scenery,

Yes, it is just a large language model and is repeating what has been inputted into its database. It can be scary though, as it can seem very human in the way it talks!

I don't think it will be long before we start seeing human/AI integration happening (otherwise called cyborgs! ). The most obvious first instance could be where someone has lost a leg. They could have an artificial leg fitted which is basically a carbon or steel pole, with a hinge in the middle and another hinge at the foot. Or, they could have one which responds to electrical impulses in their brain, via an embedded chip and connected through bluetooth, bending when they want it to, so that they can walk and run just like anyone else. Not many people would go for the basic metal pole-and-hinge option, if given a choice!

After that, I imagine it will be a gradual (probably exponential) expansion of AI/ human integration. Being able to open a door just by thinking about it would probably not be difficult, and driving a car without using the steering wheel or pedals (if cars are not completely automated by then). Eventually being able to access the internet without needing a computer or phone. And that is really just the beginning...

But the big question could be: "Will it make us any happier?". We will certainly have access to more knowledge, but having more knowledge does not necessarily make anyone happier, unless they know how to use that knowledge.

So, we will have to wait and see.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1568 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2024 :  07:34:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I take the simple stance that if it is happening, it is part of what is meant to be - thus Ok. And if it really does turn out "not ok", Consciousness /nature will do the necessary correction.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

alain

Canada
28 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2024 :  7:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I listened to two AI discussing Tristan book on Kundalini Awakening. It was really interesting to listen to them, you could almost forget that they were just very smart computers, but it was amazing to hear that they totally understood the concepts that a human created and that they seemed to make sense out of it. Except for a couple of glitches it was a really good performance, it left me with all kind of emotions both good and bad because of the possibility for that to be used fraudulently, but I can assure you that Yogani is taking the nessesary steps to protect the integrity of AYP.

With that said, imagine an AI that has the knowledge of AYP because of its access to all the written material that yogani has produced over the years including the thousands of furum posts, an AI that can speak with Yogani voice, an AI that can answer almost all the questions one can have about AYP, an AI controlled by Yogani, and an AI that can carry on for many many years. That would really reduce the load on those who are managing the AYP system.

So you can be afraid of AI and love them at ther same time. BTW its only a matter of months before AI s become totaly undistinguisable from real people, we will need to be aware of that. but like agent Smith said, its inevitable.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2288 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2024 :  02:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Talk about surrender
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4501 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2024 :  12:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
With that said, imagine an AI that has the knowledge of AYP because of its access to all the written material that yogani has produced over the years including the thousands of furum posts, an AI that can speak with Yogani voice, an AI that can answer almost all the questions one can have about AYP, an AI controlled by Yogani, and an AI that can carry on for many many years. That would really reduce the load on those who are managing the AYP system.

Hi Alain and all,

Yes, it was pretty real wasn't it? I'll put the link here for anyone who wants to listen to it (Google account required for listening):

https://notebooklm.google.com/noteb...aa521e/audio

It got a few things wrong. It thought I had said that kundalini is like a coiled serpent on a hot bed of embers! And it seemed to think that I was keen on people doing shadow work - dwelling on painful past experiences in order to transmute them, which I am not, as it is not safe for everyone. But, most of it is pretty accurate. And it does create the illusion that there are two people who actually understand what they are talking about. Definitely scary stuff if it was used by a bad actor! Hopefully safeguards will be put in place to prevent that from happening.

And yes, it could be a possibility to create an AYP AI chatbot, where the model would be trained on Yogani's writings. If it could be produced with a level of accuracy of say 99.9% then that would be very impressive. This might not be too far away. The technology is already all there. It is just the high level of accuracy that we still need to work on. Currently it is still producing too many mistakes.

A first step might simply be a better search tool, able to understand questions, but primarily pointing to places in the lessons and books where the information can be found. This could be done with a lower accuracy level, as it will just be sending people to places that have accurate information.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5219 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2024 :  6:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi and all,

quote:
https://notebooklm.google.com/noteb...aa521e/audio

Yes, this AI podcast is a good summary of your Kundalini book, similar in quality to the AI generated podcasts on some of the AYP books over here.

We are going to be seeing more and more AI content (and interactivity) everywhere, with its advantages and pitfalls. As you say, in time, we hope to bring more AI into sharing and supporting the AYP knowledge, likely beginning in AYP Plus in the months ahead. Ultimately the key is accurately representing the AYP knowledgebase, which is going to be an ongoing process of refinement.

Onward!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000